deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Kykar Token Storm  (Read 243 times)

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
[EDH / Commander] Kykar Token Storm
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:28:11 pm »
Kykar Token Storm

The idea of this deck is to use Kykar, and other token producers like Young Pyromancer to create a ton of tokens. These tokens will then be sacrificed to Kykar (especially if there is an Arcane Adaptation out) or to an Altar like Phyrexian Altar. Mana can also be produced from big mana spells like Battle Hymn. With that mana, the deck casts cantrips like Expedite and card draw spells like Stroke of Genius to keep churning through the deck and making more tokens. This has a storm like effect, but because storm is very difficult to pull off in commander the deck aims to assemble an infinite the combo. Here is the list of all of the infinite combos I know of:
The Locust God + Skullclamp + (Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar) = Draw entire deck
Twilight Drover + Phyrexian Altar + Anointed Procession = Infinite tokens and mana
Reiterate + (Battle Hymn / Mana Geyser) = Infinite mana and Infinite spell copies

Win cons for with or without infinites:

Impact Tremors turns 40 tokens into game.
Expansion//Explosion kills players with enough mana.
Mizzix's Mastery / Past in Flames can give you an overwhelming token board in one turn to win you the game on the next, or to help you go off.

All in all, this deck is in a somewhat new archetype, but it is a combo deck with some resiliency because it needs one token producer to get going. I am open to any suggestions on how to improve this deck.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.