deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] HYDRA UNLEASHED  (Read 1620 times)

lorenzopastori91

• Decks
[Modern] HYDRA UNLEASHED
« on: July 01, 2019, 07:18:54 pm »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] HYDRA UNLEASHED
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:38:10 pm »
Llanowar Elves or one of the functional copies of it would be better than Golden Hind or even Sylvan Caryatid for the purposes of this deck. You'll need to ramp faster than you can with this deck as it is.
This space for rent.

lorenzopastori91

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 07:45:06 pm »
Yeah I was considering to add some cards to make the deck quicker! I didn't think about the Llanowar Elves. I'll add them right the way!

Any other suggestion?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 04:17:53 pm »
When I played mono green back in the day, I liked Deadly Recluse over Bassara Tower Archer. I found the deathtouch to be more relative than the hexproof. Hero of Leina Tower would be better served as a mana dork, you only have 4 spells that could possibly target it and then those 4 spells could be turned into something more useful (Nature's Claim or some other removal).

Also, I've always thought the best two hydras were Primordial and Kalonian.
This space for rent.

lorenzopastori91

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 04:30:19 pm »
I added some land ramp-up creatures in order to speed up the deck. Moreover, I added Primordial Hydra (I wasn't aware of its existence hahaha but as I found that card I fell in love with that). I am really looking forward for the 2020 Core Set. There are 2 Hydra cards that I definitely must put in the deck: Gargos, Vicious Watcher and Voracious Hydra.

Thanks for the advice =)!

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 08:04:53 pm »
Depending on how many X-cost hydras you include, Unbound Flourishing may be worth a look but I can't say for sure as I haven't played it.
This space for rent.

lorenzopastori91

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:20:24 pm »
Yeah I thought about it... I was also thinking about Exploration, but it is very rare to be found.

bigjuicyElephantCleric

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 11:31:18 pm »
To be fair you have to have a very high iq to understand mono green hydra decks. The skill plays are extremely high, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the combos will go over a typical player's head.

lorenzopastori91

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 03:02:08 pm »
Ciao!

Visto che mi hai dato qualche consiglio sul mazzo idra mi rivolgo ancora a te!  :)

Ho fatto un torneo modern e mi sono reso conto che il mazzo gira bene come mana e creature ma non ho istantanei che mi parano il culo da incantesimi o artefatti (cosa che mi sono preoccupato di aggiungere).

Inoltre ho aggiunto tre Ghalta, Primal Hunger perché ho pensato ad una combo con Scourge of Skola Vale e Kalonian Hydra.

In poche parole metto giù Ghalta (non dovrei aver problemi a pagarlo che di solito metto giù creature con tanta forza), lo sacrifico e metto altrettanti +1/+1 su Scourge e Kalonian me li raddoppia ogni volta che attacca.

Così non ho problemi ad avere più Ghalta (perchè sono leggendari) visto che tanto due dei tre che ho messo andrebbero ad essere sacrificati per la causa.

Could it work?  8)

Grazie!

drentikcus

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 10:56:51 pm »
Leyline of Abundance could help with your Elf Ramp and Hydra Broodmaster to go wide maybe?

lorenzopastori91

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 08:28:31 am »
I may think about it thanks, it would be good for the sideboard!:)