deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Cards You Are Looking Forward to in C19  (Read 7989 times)

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Cards You Are Looking Forward to in C19
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2019, 06:37:02 pm »
I feel like new Chainer is the kind of card that when you first look at it you think "Yea, that's pretty good" but when you build and play and refine the deck, all the little nuances and possibilities and interactions make you realise it's way better than you first thought.

The Egg Lady might be more busted than K'rrik...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:41:03 pm by CleanBelwas »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2019, 05:30:29 am »
There's some cards in this set that have my interest piqued but I still think it's a cherry-pick set.
This space for rent.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2019, 12:53:02 pm »
There's some cards in this set that have my interest piqued but I still think it's a cherry-pick set.

That was also my thought. I've just collected the list of cards I would like to have (new ones + reprints). Price for the deck set: ~110€, curren price for the singles I would like to have: ~180€. I'll have to wait how the prices develop, but at least at the current state, buying the decks would be cheaper and I wouldn't miss that much of the desired reprints.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2019, 06:27:53 am »
Bone Miser has my interest for my Varina deck. Ohran Frostfang has my interest for a few decks, at least enough to test play it.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2019, 02:25:00 pm »
There are a few Aeon Engine can be stupid in 4 player and lock out at least 1 player from playing the game.
Bloodthirsty Blade
just because I love the goad mechanic.
Marisi, Breaker of the Coil same principle because of the goad mechanic.
Idol of oblivion will work well in any token deck, who doesn't like drawing cards?
Thieving Amalgam just seems funny to be able to make 2/2's with your opponents cards.
Pramikon, Sky Rampart is interesting for controlling where combat direction goes

« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:31:39 pm by robort »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2019, 07:01:03 pm »
Unless I am missing something important, Aeon Engine can't lock someone out of the game as it exiles itself after being used. I do like the card anyway as you can use it on the player's turn after yours and get a quasi extra turn.

However, opponents will, or should, see this coming so it may cause them to think twice about tapping out and leaving themselves wide open for an attack. We'll see how that card plays out in reality.

Marisi, Breaker of the Coil has me super excited. I was re-working an old Gahiji, Honored One forced combat deck and I feel Marisi is far superior at the helm. I too love the Goad mechanic.

I agree that Chainer, Nightmare Adept is going to be ridiculous. We're only scratching the surface of that card's potential.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:08:44 pm by Marshstepper78 »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2019, 10:00:11 pm »
I'm going to play-test Idol of Oblivion in my Sidisi deck, it produces so many tokens it's almost guaranteed to net me a card a turn.
This space for rent.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2019, 11:20:30 pm »
Unless I am missing something important, Aeon Engine can't lock someone out of the game as it exiles itself after being used. I do like the card anyway as you can use it on the player's turn after yours and get a quasi extra turn.

However, opponents will, or should, see this coming so it may cause them to think twice about tapping out and leaving themselves wide open for an attack. We'll see how that card plays out in reality.

Aeon Engine + Prototype Portal. thats already the lock out engine.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2019, 01:53:14 am »
Aeon Engine just needs to be copied as a token and for starters can anybody say Brudiclad? In a 4 player game never mind a 5 player, you'll and 1 other player will be playing magic while the other player won't have another turn. End step player 1 now reverse turn back to me and make more aeon engines while I'm at it and end turn swing it back to player 1. Player 1 again ends turn and swing it back my way.  So now only 2 of us is playing magic while the others are our audience and not playing
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2019, 02:04:47 am »
Ah I see. Horribly tedious.

dexflux

• Decks
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2019, 09:36:05 pm »
Really excited for Chainer, Nightmare Adept - I love Reanimator (although he does not cheat on mana cost, sadly).

As for my less broken stuff, I want to build Pramikon, Sky Rampart and Marisi, Breaker of the Coil. Those two are pretty much the defensive and offensive spikes on the spectrum of political (pillowfort) decks to complement Queen Marchesa (long may she reign). If that goes on, I may have to merge the decks into some 5c abomination. The thought of buying the manabase hurts.

Greven, Predator Captain sounds like a really good way to get some very aggressive gameplay without resorting to the 'death by a thousand stings' types of strategies that Rakdos Aggro sometimes has. Even without a proper Voltron suite. Might be lacking without acceleration though, as Greven is 5cmc and does not have haste. Anje Falkenrath enables Madness without a doubt, but Madness doesn't enable itself by lacking a wider variety of (good) cards in BR. Might be bonkers in a Reanimator/Vampire Tribal style deck with Falkenrath Gorger as the key piece. I have my doubts though.

The Sultai deck has me the least excited. Nothing that really complements my love for graveyard strategies - but good for the color combination to finally see some variance. The Jeskai deck has pretty decent, but slow commanders. Not my cup of tea, but someday I might try it. As for Gerrard, I absolutely want to break it so hard that someone flips the table - also: Boros Reanimator anyone? (With some loops and hoops).

The rest of the Naya deck doesn't really hit me good. Atla Palani, Nest Tender is bonkers good, but I don't really know if I like semi-random fatties.

Most new non-commander cards are nice. Dockside Extortionist will be the card to have in RXx.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2019, 08:40:27 pm »
Chainer, Nightmare Adept is the one I'm most likely to build but I'm not guaranteeing that as happening.
This space for rent.

Dieced

• Decks
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2019, 07:24:40 am »
I'm personally just happy to have classic Ral Zarek reprinted. I've always wanted one for extra-turn shenanigans.