deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Custom Card Challenge: Commanders  (Read 13614 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Custom Card Challenge: Commanders
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2019, 06:26:15 am »
Congrats to the winners!

And do trust, Soren brewing 12 decks is nothing. He'll make 30 adjustments to a deck before most people would finish building it.
This space for rent.

ORCH1D

• Decks
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2019, 08:20:17 am »
Congrats dexflux, calebbw and ApothecaryGeist! This was fun, I hope that we can do it again some time :)

dexflux

• Decks
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2019, 05:13:02 pm »
I brew pretty much constantly and am desperate for stuff to brew lol

Then I'd love to see how to (not) break Emilie. That card is intended to be Legacy viable :)

A Conrad deck would be awesome though. It took quite some time to polish that design to work as intended.

Shredwick

• EDH
  • Decks
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2019, 05:46:03 pm »
I demand a recount lol
A single victory is all I need.

ORCH1D

• Decks
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2019, 06:13:16 pm »
I demand a recount lol

A recount you say? Let me see.... yep, those are definitely the ones that Soren voted for :)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2019, 06:30:27 pm »
Great ideas and great job everyone
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2019, 05:36:56 am »
For the next contest (I hope there will be one!), here is a great resource for learning about design: http://www.custommagic.space/

An Idea occurred to me that since this contest seemed pretty successful, then perhaps in the future, we could have people make their own versions of the commanders for each precon deck. Like when we found out the themes for C19 were Flashback, Morph, Populate and Madness, we could have the contestants design a commander for each of the decks and then have someone like Soren judge. A few details would need to be hammered out, such as do we want submissions to be in before the actual commanders are released, are we going to do the secondary commanders in the deck, too, etc. Just a though. And I know C20 is a ways away so, so maybe we could find a way to do this more regularly like every other month or something.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2019, 05:39:17 am »
We have another contest coming up in a week or so, but it will be a deck building challenge. More to come on this next week.
This space for rent.

dexflux

• Decks
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2019, 11:16:16 am »
For the next contest (I hope there will be one!), here is a great resource for learning about design: http://www.custommagic.space/

An Idea occurred to me that since this contest seemed pretty successful, then perhaps in the future, we could have people make their own versions of the commanders for each precon deck. Like when we found out the themes for C19 were Flashback, Morph, Populate and Madness, we could have the contestants design a commander for each of the decks and then have someone like Soren judge. A few details would need to be hammered out, such as do we want submissions to be in before the actual commanders are released, are we going to do the secondary commanders in the deck, too, etc. Just a though. And I know C20 is a ways away so, so maybe we could find a way to do this more regularly like every other month or something.

Sounds like a good idea and also good practice to do that. Maybe the forum will birth a future designer for WotC someday?

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2019, 11:32:35 am »

Sounds like a good idea and also good practice to do that. Maybe the forum will birth a future designer for WotC someday?

Feel like if we are going to talk about careers, I should just drop this here.

https://company.wizards.com/content/jobs

If that thread becomes a legitimate thing, I will surely post this there too.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

dexflux

• Decks
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2019, 09:18:42 pm »

Feel like if we are going to talk about careers, I should just drop this here.

https://company.wizards.com/content/jobs

If that thread becomes a legitimate thing, I will surely post this there too.

I'd be very excited to have a continous thread to talk about the current state of design. Black got enchantment removal in Mire in Misery and, according to Mark Rosewater, White will do something it never did before in the Eldraine set. That's worthy of discussion - and design practice also makes a better player and deckbuilder, because you learn to understand mechanics and their interactions in more detail.

Tyto Gamer

• I'm just a brewer who only makes fun decks
  • Decks
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2019, 01:11:24 am »
Well, Soren I think well despite never actually play ing EDH, and thanks for the feed back.

Also, my hound commander is meant to go into a gruul hound tribal deck
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 01:13:26 am by Tyto Gamer »
Heyo it's the Tyto!!