deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [Standard] Boros Feather  (Lu 228 fois)

MarioFanaticXV

• Decks
[Standard] Boros Feather
« le: Juillet 12, 2019, 12:49:56 am »
Arcane Feathers

Before going further, keep in mind this is a future-proofed deck. I've only put cards in that will survive rotation- yes, Reckless Rage is a great card in a Feather deck, and from a purely competitive standpoint, I should definitely replace Justice Strike with it. But this is explicitly avoiding any cards from sets that are rotating out. For the same reason, please no mention of Clifftop Retreat (I actually do run a single copy in the version I'm actually using in Arena- but I'm definitely not spending any Rare wildcards on more at the moment- Uncommon wildcards are much more plentiful, probably WILL replace Justice Strike for the time being with a few copies of Reckless Rage, but this discussion is specifically about the futureproofed version of the deck that I have posted here).

So this is the first semi-competitive deck I built for Arena thus far- it's doing great for me. First couple months I played, I could only hit Gold 3 and then stalled hard. This has carried me to Platinum 1 and I've little doubt I'll be in Diamond before the month is up- as the name suggests, the obvious combo of Feather, the Redeemed and Dreadhorde Arcanist are the star players, with Gods Willing being so valuable to me that I'm surprise I haven't seen it in more white decks- I can't even begin to recount how many wins have been solely due to that card.

The main question I have at this point is that I'm considering dropping the Battlefield Promotions. In particular, I'd probably add another Defiant Strike and Gird For Battle- not sure which the third replacement would be, Integrity // Intervention, Samut's Sprint, and Justice Strike have all saved me a number of times. While it is nice to be able to add a +1/+1 as an instant, I usually find that the cheaper instants are more worth it for their cheap value. The only downside is that the lifegain has definitely saved me a number of times- and I certainly don't cast Intervention often enough tor reliably expect that to grant me any (plus, then it doesn't bounce back to my hand that way with Feather).

I'm also considering dropping Integrity // Intervention and replacing it with Infuriate- on one hand, Integrity can be cast with any mana source in my deck, and while I rarely use Intervention, it's not like it's never been useful- sure, it's an overpriced Lightning Strike at that point, but the option is still nice. On the other hand, it IS an extra 1 power... But I'm not sure if that tradeoff is worth being locked down to one mana, and not having the option of Intervention when I need it.

Thoughts on dropping those two cards and their potential replacements?