deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander 2019 leaks  (Read 1499 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Commander 2019 leaks
« on: July 18, 2019, 08:12:19 pm »
I've seen a couple sites mention that the mechanics for Commander 2019 have been leaked. Each of the four decks will revolve around either Flashback, Morph, Madness, or Populate.

I don't have a good source for this, so this could just be a rumor blown out of proportion.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Commander 2019 leaks
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:59:07 pm »
Morph could be interesting, not so sure about the others.
This space for rent.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 01:51:43 am »
Populate would need cards like Annointed Procession, Doubling Season and Primal Vigor to get a good look.  Madness has some good potential, especially with discard outlets (thinking Red Black Vampires or Blue Black Zombies).  Morph... Eh, maybe.  Flashback will make people mad if Snapcaster isn't in it...

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 02:09:49 am »
Morph Flicker is suck a fun archetype, I hope it gets some love.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 02:28:55 am »
Always down for more flashback.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 05:04:41 am »
I think the clear winner power-wise is Flashback. Consequently, Populate seems weak. They are going to have to do more than reprint Rhys the Redeemed; they are going to have to include cards that create serious tokens.

I like the idea of them basing each pre-con around specific mechanics and I am curious about the new legendary creatures. I just get the feeling that there will be clear "winners" and "losers" in the 2019 pre-cons. Get your Catalyst Stone s!

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 06:15:01 am »
Populate would need cards like Annointed Procession, Doubling Season and Primal Vigor to get a good look.  Madness has some good potential, especially with discard outlets (thinking Red Black Vampires or Blue Black Zombies).  Morph... Eh, maybe.  Flashback will make people mad if Snapcaster isn't in it...

I'm down for anything that gives good zombies!
This space for rent.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 10:06:47 am »

Why Primal Vigor or Doubling Season? Anointed Procession and Parallel Lives would be enough. The other two also offer counter stuff that isn't directly related to populate.
Btw, I hope that those fitting two get a reprint.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 02:51:36 pm »
Mostly because populate really encourages using Cathars' Crusade.  Whether included in the deck already or player added, it would quickly build a threat.

For madness, Bloodghast would be a fantastic reprint.  So would Avacyn's Judgement and Asylum Visitor.

If the morph deck didn't include Ixidron and flash effects, someone is doing something wrong on deck design.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 03:16:55 pm »
Mostly because populate really encourages using Cathars' Crusade.  Whether included in the deck already or player added, it would quickly build a threat.

For madness, Bloodghast would be a fantastic reprint.  So would Avacyn's Judgement and Asylum Visitor.

If the morph deck didn't include Ixidron and flash effects, someone is doing something wrong on deck design.

I would mark Flash with a big questionmark since many people want to see that card banned because of the flash hulk combos.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 04:20:18 pm »
I wouldn't get my hopes too high on what will be reprinted. Remember C18?

I know they've said they're listening to the fans on that issue, but I don't think we can expect them to go from the top reprint being worth $5 to a reprint that's worth $50.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:52:18 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 05:25:43 pm »
I wouldn't get my hopes too high on what will be reprinted. Remember C19?

I know they've said they're listening to the fans on that issue, but I don't think we can expect them to go from the top reprint being worth $5 to a reprint that's worth $50.

I've already got that discussion with a friend about the populate deck. I think Anointed Procession and Parallel Lives may be in the price range for a reprint, but Doubling Seaon is far out.
Same goes for Snapcaster Mage for the flashback deck (even if it will be hard to find a card that would fit more into it).

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 05:27:13 pm »
I've been thinking the exact same thing.

It takes about 2 years for a set to go from the early design stage to being released. So design for C19 would have started right after C17.

C18 was a disaster, and I don't think that there was enough time to fix the mistakes of it.

As for the mechanics, this is a chance to fix the problems that they have in EDH. Populate is fairly weak unless you have a lot of continuous triggers for it. Morph costs are often over-costed for what they do. Madness effects need to be better. And Flashback... Actually, I have high hopes for that one.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 02:18:07 am »
Expecting a Snapcaster Mage reprint in a pre-con is a bit crazy.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2019, 03:33:56 am »
Remember how the theme of Aminatou, the Fateshifter's deck was top-deck manipulation? And it didn't include Sensei's Divining Top?

While I would love to see more hard-to-acquire cards now that the MSRP has gone up, I'm expecting it to take at least another year.