deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander 2019 leaks  (Read 1504 times)

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Commander 2019 leaks
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 02:45:52 pm »
Expecting a Snapcaster Mage reprint in a pre-con is a bit crazy.

I agree with you, but he had the opinion that reprints like this would be justified because wotc has to make up for the last set.  ::)

Well, I expect the worst and hope for the best. But if wotc want's me to buy the sets in stead of just some singles, they really have to make it better than the last one.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 07:26:56 pm »
I was just listing the types of cards that would help make the mechanics more feasible.  And by flash, I meant flickereffects that would return the morph cards to the 2/2 token stage, not putting something like protean hulk into play...  But yes, the last Commander set was disapponting, especially considering they increased the cost of the decks.

I do expect Altar of the Lost for the flashback deck.  Cheap card to reprint, but would add tremendous value for graveyard ramp.  And the Commanders need to make the theme relevant.  For instance, Child of Alara would give access to a five color flashback deck, but has no relevance to the mechanic.  Akroma, Angel of Fury would be relevant for a morph deck, but would severely limit your morph options in color.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 06:54:43 pm »
I guess my only hope for zombies would be madness or flashback, which flashback would interest me for Sidisi and madness could be interesting in Varina.
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 08:04:46 pm »
Bennie Smith talks about the impact of Arcane Signet on Brawl and Commander as well as the possible price point for such a common that will be highly sought after.

http://www.starcitygames.com/articles/38917_Arcane-Signet-Is-Fantastic-For-Brawl-And-Commander.html
This space for rent.