deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: ULTIMATE Zada - Comments  (Read 181 times)

Comment Bot

ULTIMATE Zada - Comments
« on: July 19, 2019, 08:06:14 pm »
ULTIMATE Zada

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Alcibiade2nd

• Decks
Re: ULTIMATE Zada - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 08:06:14 pm »
After numerous games with the deck, I have arrived to my favorite iteration of the deck. Its fairly competitive, but with a glass canon vibe. This deck can often win out off nowhere, but if your meta has a lot of counterspell, can struggle a bit. Don't forget that if they counterspell or fizzle a spell targeting Zada, only the original copy is stopped, you still get all the other copies on your other creatures. Choose your moment for casting Zada carefuly, because sometime, getting it countered or killed even once is backbreaking.
Your 3 ways of winning, in order of how often they happen:
1) Storm off, make a lot of mana, draw a lot of cards, play Purphoros or Impact Tremors and loads of tokens, and/or Guttersnipe and a lot of spells
2) Infinite combo of 2/2 haste Dualcaster Mage and Heat Shimmer/Twinflame. A bit cheap, but needs set-up and can be fizzled with instant removal, so I dont feel that bad :)
3) Attacking with a horde of boosted creature is more of a back-up plan, but it sometime is enough!

Here are some details:

-Lands: Because we need a lot of red mana, and a lot of our ramp creates colerless, I dont want to go too heavy on colerless lands.
-Draw all: The best ones are Expedite and Crimson Wisp (1 mana instant) and Fists of Flames (great boost). For those that need to be played in combat, dont forget that at least one of your creature needs to be attacking. For Balduvian Rage, you need to play it on a attacking Zada. Rile kills all your */1, unless you played a defense boost before.
-Ramp: In a Zada deck, you want creature ramp more than usual, because they count for the copies.
-Fast mana: Your way of generating big boosts of mana. The Neheb's are rarely seen in Zada decks, but they have really poweful effects. When you get going, Runaway Steam-Kin lets you keep on going.
-Boost: I used to play more non-cantriping boosts, but i had so many dead starting hand because of them, that i kept cutting them one after the other. Still sometime useful to have a few, but as new sets come out and add interesting cards, I might cut them all.
-Tokens: Your way of flooding the board. Usually, I try to have at least 4 other creatures before going with Zada and Cantrips. If you can go for more without overextending, great, but I usually try to keep at least one card in hand that will help me rebuild if there is a boardwipe.
-Removal: We are a storm deck, interaction is for chumps! But seriously, just a few silver bullets, or we dilute our plan too much.
-Other: Our burn win cons and more utility spells

Hope my deck will inspire you!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:06:09 pm by Alcibiade2nd »