deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Call of Wrexial (Lovecraft Themed Deck) - Comments  (Read 387 times)

Comment Bot

The Call of Wrexial (Lovecraft Themed Deck) - Comments
« on: July 25, 2019, 11:09:35 pm »
The Call of Wrexial (Lovecraft Themed Deck)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

poke6809

• Decks
Re: The Call of Wrexial (Lovecraft Themed Deck) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 11:09:35 pm »
I know the card sucks, but Haunting Hymn comes to mind. I really dig the deck, the world needs more flavor decks!
Companion mechanic finally brought XYZ's and Synchros to MtG, just what we needed. (they changed it because after literally killing every format they realized their design was horrible)

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:04:11 am »
I don't know if it fits your theme, but Blade of Selves would be great in this deck. You have a lot of really good ETB effects, and a couple of on-combat-damage effects that could be devastating with that card.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 10:34:21 am »
You've missed an important card: Library of Leng. Thats the only card I know of, with a direct lovecraft reference.

Besides that, I would reccomend replacing Unknown Shores, Temple of Deceit, Submerged Boneyard and Creeping Tar Pit with basics.

If you feel like you need some more ramp, Fellwar Stone and Thran Dynamo would be useful.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Nemryk

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 10:14:40 am »
Thanks everyone for your replies.

poke6809 : Haunting Hymn seems sweet, but a little mana intensive. I'll give it a try !

Slyvester12 : Blade of Selves doesn't fit with the theme of the deck, even if would be really devastating, but as mentioned, the deck is a Themed deck :)

Judaspriester : I totally forgot about Library of Leng !! For the lands, as i said, It fits with the theme, so I don't really care if it comes into play tapped. :)

Anyway, again, thanks for your feedbacks, I had no idea that this list could be interesting to someone haha.

Nfox18

• This is the center for odd combos and decks. Sorry
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 05:32:09 pm »
Thief of Sanity seems to fit the theme of the deck really nicely, giving the name and creature type, especially given the effect Lovecraftian horrors have on humans.
Nathan J Fox