deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New: Deckbuilder Improvements  (Read 17543 times)

Nils

• Decks
New: Deckbuilder Improvements
« on: July 28, 2019, 10:28:10 pm »
Over the last few weeks I have been working on some improvements to our deckbuilder. If you are following @deckstats on Twitter or have joined our Discord you may have already seen a preview of these. If not, please have a look here.

My aim with these updates has been to make deckbuilding on deckstats even easier and faster than before, with a particular focus on mobile and tablet users. The main changes are:
  • New instant mana curve, which updates as you add cards to the deck
  • Card database and decklist are always visible and can be scrolled independently - no more scrolling back and forth.
  • More cards are now displayed by default in the card database
  • Several bugfixes and additional layout improvements, especially on mobile
  • New help text to introduce new users to the deckbuilder

All of these changes are now active - I hope you enjoy them!

Since this involved some large code changes you may encounter some bugs that I haven't caught yet over the next few days. Please post here or contact me directly if you notice any problems.

firebrand549

• Decks
Re: New: Deckbuilder Improvements
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 11:02:43 pm »
I definitely like being able to see my deck and the search bar at the same time, but I’ve been having problems on mobile. When I’m in direct entry mode it works fine, but when searching the card database, the option to switch between entry modes covers the search bar. Not only does it make it impossible to see what I’m typing, it is also very difficult to click into the search bar in the first place. Had this issue on Chrome and Safari, in portrait and landscape mode, on an iPhone 8.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 12:18:27 am »
Thank you for letting me know about this. This is very complicated to debug unfortunately because it only seems to occur on the device itself, not in any of the browsers I can easily test in. I will try my best to get this fixed ASAP though.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 12:28:15 am »
Update: I *think* I managed to find a workaround. I still don't know what's actually causing this but it should be fixed for now. Please have a look and let me know if you're still having issues with it.

firebrand549

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 12:46:47 am »
It’s fixed! Keep up the great work!

Darthkev131313

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 09:42:59 pm »
a way to search decks based on percentage of cards you own, or filter lists of decks based on percentage of owned cards would help tremendously.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 05:40:47 pm »
I'm gonna be honest I really hate the most recent updates to the mobile deckbuilder. Could you make it so I can go back to how it was please..
Nils is the God I worship

GamerAwsome101

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 05:44:06 pm »
can you add a way to change the deck builder back
i like platypuses

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 07:47:42 pm »
@Darthkev131313: This is more of a feature request than a question about the deck builder. That said, this is actually something that I have been working on. Once these updates are completed it's the next big thing on my list.

@Soren841, @GamerAwsome101: What specifically do you not like about it? What do you miss? I won't be able to bring the old version back but I can look into making changes to make the new one work for you!

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 09:08:51 pm »
I hate how it's half and half.. like the screen is divided up

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 11:07:15 pm »
I have just made a few more improvements to the deckbuilder. In particular, you can now scroll up again rather than having to click Close. This should be particularly handy if you are working on a deck and want to scroll back and forth between the deck and the deckbuilder.

Please let me know if there are any more issues.

Soren841, do you mean on mobile or on desktop?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 11:22:09 pm »
Mobile. I guess I don't like scrolling in the deckbuilder and card search to be separate. Like I can scroll the whole page, but the card search and the actual deckbuilder where all the cards go both scroll separately as well and it's super annoying.

The old deckbuilder felt like one thing with the cards underneath the cars search. This one feels really.. idk, separated? Fragmented maybe? It feels like a card search above a deckbuilder and they don't fit together nicely on mobile anymore

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 03:58:04 pm »
Err.. am I just stupid or is there no option anymore to add custom sections in the interactive builder?
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Grimjack

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2019, 02:29:53 pm »
Not a big fan if the new deck editor in this version.   It was better before to be able to collapse the "Card Database" window.   I typically know what im looking for, and only use the "Direct Card Entry" feature.  Before we could collapse the windows we were not using, and now we are forced to view the database, which takes up half the screen, and is difficult to pan down between the two panes.  I find it very awkward.

As of now, only the "Mana Curve" window is collapsible (which i like, to keep tabs on where I'm at.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2019, 06:39:17 pm »
@Judaspriester: The option should still be there under the "Main" section, same as before. You may have to scroll the decklist down a bit to see it?

@Grimjack: So you would like to be able to collapse the card database window again? That should be easy to add back in but there would just be a lot of empty space on the left then.