deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New: Deckbuilder Improvements  (Read 17536 times)

Grimjack

• Decks
Re: New: Deckbuilder Improvements
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 08:05:09 pm »
When the old version wasn't side-by-side collapsing it worked great, especially on small device.  At least if it were collapsible it would be easier to hover over the 'void' space to scroll up and down.  the card database is so big it blocks everything.  the older version just worked better for they way i uploaded and developed decks

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 10:45:10 pm »
What kind of device do you use? On a mobile device the card database will actually disappear when you click on Direct Card Entry, so it will look like this:

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:47:14 pm by Nils »

Grimjack

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2019, 02:21:58 am »
Agree.  It looks like that and works great on an iPhone.
Working on my tablet is less easy.  Orienting the tablet landscape gives it a side by side but scrolling down between the two columns is hard when database is expanded.  The little sliver of dark gray between the panes is hard to pinpoint.  If it’s collapsed I have an easier time scrolling down because there is more negative space to touch.  (I’m describing it poorly)

I play edh exclusively so my deck lists are lengthy and I know the card when I input them.  Having a huge database window may be useful for some, but I never ever access it.  I’d prefer to hide it if I could. 

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2019, 11:31:01 am »
Oh I see, that makes sense! I have now made the card database collapsible again. Please let me know whether that works for you now.

Rubeus

• EDH Casualplayer from Germany since 2017
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2019, 01:38:47 pm »
Hey, :)

I play 99% Highlander and my decks are often completly selfconstructed.

I have also problems with the new deckbuilding system. I often at the PC for that, so my Monitor is not that small. But i have the feeling, I see not many as before.
The Search site has to much Place for me in this Visual System, i would like it to more decent.
 I want to see my deck, not the thousand Cards i could search. I use Scryfall for that.

All in all is the deckbuilding smooth.
EDH for the WIN

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2019, 03:34:25 pm »
@Judaspriester: The option should still be there under the "Main" section, same as before. You may have to scroll the decklist down a bit to see it?

@Grimjack: So you would like to be able to collapse the card database window again? That should be easy to add back in but there would just be a lot of empty space on the left then.

Allright, found it. ty.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2019, 05:03:02 pm »
One more update: I have now also added buttons to the page that let you jump up and down between the deckbuilder and the deck list with a single click. That should make it even easier to go back and forth between the deck statistics and the deckbuilder, especially on tablets and phones.

@Rubeus: I don't think the number of cards you can see should have changed much between the old and the new version but I will try to improve this. The spacing between card names could probably be adjusted slightly.

@Judaspriester: Great!

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 06:25:52 pm »
Now that the card search results scroll (which I dislike, for what it's worth), if you've scrolled down in the results and add a card, it scrolls back up to the top. Can this not happen please? Or better yet go back to how it was?
Nils is the God I worship

Grimjack

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 06:32:00 pm »
thats great nils - thanks

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2019, 06:51:35 pm »
@Soren841: Sorry about that, I didn't realize that was happening! Fixed now.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2019, 06:54:42 pm »
Could you revert just the mobile deckbuilder back to the old version pretty please :(

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2019, 07:27:19 pm »
Could you revert just the mobile deckbuilder back to the old version pretty please :(
That's just not possible unfortunately. The deckbuilder is a complex piece of software and it's not feasible to maintain two separate versions.

But as I said - if you have concrete suggestions for adjustments that would make people's lifes easier (like not scrolling back up after adding a card) I am happy to make those changes.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2019, 08:38:39 pm »
What if instead it's three different tabs that you can open and close? The card entry and database would be tab 1, the decklist would be tab 2, and the bar that has the analyse button would be tab 3. You could just close the tabs when you're not using them, so scrolling would be easier. Would this help?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2019, 12:58:58 am »
I just don't want them scrolling separately I want it to be one big thing that scrolls

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2019, 11:14:29 am »
Soren841, could you maybe explain a bit more why you would want it to work like that? How would you actually use this page?

The reason I made the split page was because I felt it was very annoying to build a deck if you have to scroll back and forth between the deck list and the card database all the time. That's why I thought it would be best to have both of them visible all the time, even if that means you have to do a bit more scrolling.