deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New: Deckbuilder Improvements  (Read 17461 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: New: Deckbuilder Improvements
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2019, 12:52:47 am »
Yes that's part of my issue
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2019, 05:23:00 am »
Whenever I add a new subsection or anything, it scrolls all the way back to the top of the page
Nils is the God I worship

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2019, 07:46:26 am »
I think this is the right thread for this. If not, I apologize.

On the deckbuilder page, the analyze deck page is just in a very inconvenient spot. I have to unlock my taskbar and move my taskbar so it is not covering up the button.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Furry Garbage

• I'm self aware trash. No it doesn't make it better
  • Decks
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2019, 02:55:35 am »
So just a couple of suggestions on the new deck builder:

1) Would you be able to add cell outlines to the card database? I have larger monitors (27" and 24") and it can be hard to track line information across that distance. I think giving the database a more spreadsheet-like appearance would help with that.

2) Would it be possible to make the columns in the card database have an adjustable width? Again, I have larger monitors and it can be hard to track one line instance across half the monitor.

3) This one is more of a personal nitpick, but would you be able to add in the ability to create new sections in the actual deck builder? Not the subsections, which are fine, I just don't like having my custom headers under the control of the "Main" section.

And the last one 4) Would you be able to replicate the subsection creation under the maybeboard? I think it would greatly help in organizing the cards people are thinking about putting into their decks.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2019, 12:25:39 pm »
On the deckbuilder page, the analyze deck page is just in a very inconvenient spot. I have to unlock my taskbar and move my taskbar so it is not covering up the button.
That's odd, it should never overlap your taskbar. Can you please take a screenshot? Which browser/device are you using?

1) Would you be able to add cell outlines to the card database? I have larger monitors (27" and 24") and it can be hard to track line information across that distance. I think giving the database a more spreadsheet-like appearance would help with that.

2) Would it be possible to make the columns in the card database have an adjustable width? Again, I have larger monitors and it can be hard to track one line instance across half the monitor.

3) This one is more of a personal nitpick, but would you be able to add in the ability to create new sections in the actual deck builder? Not the subsections, which are fine, I just don't like having my custom headers under the control of the "Main" section.

And the last one 4) Would you be able to replicate the subsection creation under the maybeboard? I think it would greatly help in organizing the cards people are thinking about putting into their decks.
What resolution are you using? It sounds like you have a lot of empty space in the deckbuilder UI that you don't actually need. Would it help if I simply limited the width of the deckbuilder so that it doesn't take up the full width if you monitor is very wide?

I'll have a think about the sections but this would require some relatively complicated technical changes.

Furry Garbage

• I'm self aware trash. No it doesn't make it better
  • Decks
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2019, 06:53:30 pm »
What resolution are you using? It sounds like you have a lot of empty space in the deckbuilder UI that you don't actually need. Would it help if I simply limited the width of the deckbuilder so that it doesn't take up the full width if you monitor is very wide?

I'll have a think about the sections but this would require some relatively complicated technical changes.

I do have a lot of empty space. My monitor resolutions are 2560x1440 (2k) on the 27" and 1920x1200 (1080p) on the 24". The limiting of width does sound like it would solve my issue, yes! Tyvm for the quick reply as well!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2019, 05:22:55 pm »
@Furry Garbage  I have now updated the deckbuilder so that it won't fill your entire screen if it's very wide. Could you please give it another try and let me know what you think?

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2019, 01:27:49 pm »
@Furry Garbage  I have now updated the deckbuilder so that it won't fill your entire screen if it's very wide. Could you please give it another try and let me know what you think?

I'm on WIN7 and latest build of Chrome: the deckbuilder keeps adjusting width all the time and it's a little bit difficult to keep track of things. This happens when I search for cards or add them to the deck or even when I close the dropdown-subsections (Main, Maybeboard etc) in the builder. Maybe it should read the window width once and stick to that instead of changing all the time?
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2019, 10:50:25 pm »
You're right, there is something odd going on there. I'll disable this change for now and investigate further.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2019, 11:21:19 pm »
Update: I have now made some further changes that should limit the width of the deckbuilder without letting the page jump around. Cards will now also be highlighted as you move your mouse over the table, which should also make it more readable.

Spinsane

• Decks
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2019, 11:29:11 pm »
A quick suggestion which I hope wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Currently it's possible to leave comments on specific cards and/or on the deck as a whole; would it be possible to add the option of leaving comments on custom sections instead? I know the comments would then no longer be visible when someone uses a different view, but I figure when custom sections are being used being able to comment on the sections directly might help clarify the reasoning behind the partitioning

bradcoish23

• Decks
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2019, 03:14:12 pm »
Could you please add Historic as an option for formats in the deckbuilder tool. I'm not sure if this is already in the works or not, but it would be a great help for myself and I'm thinking many others as well.

FreddyFazbear 626

• I love Pickle Rick
  • Decks
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2019, 01:43:06 pm »
I can't sort my deck by set.

Magic Dan

• Decks
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2020, 07:25:34 pm »
   Not sure what's going on but trying different combinations including only a color checked I get no results all the time with a small 3k collection of various cards.  Are there requirements for OS, Browser, etc... that need to be met?  I get no errors, it just processes for like 20 seconds and gives back no decks found.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2020, 10:06:48 pm »
A quick suggestion which I hope wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Currently it's possible to leave comments on specific cards and/or on the deck as a whole; would it be possible to add the option of leaving comments on custom sections instead? I know the comments would then no longer be visible when someone uses a different view, but I figure when custom sections are being used being able to comment on the sections directly might help clarify the reasoning behind the partitioning

I can't sort my deck by set.

I have added both of these things to my to do list, will try to add them soon!

Could you please add Historic as an option for formats in the deckbuilder tool. I'm not sure if this is already in the works or not, but it would be a great help for myself and I'm thinking many others as well.

I forgot to post here but this has been available for a few weeks now.

Not sure what's going on but trying different combinations including only a color checked I get no results all the time with a small 3k collection of various cards.  Are there requirements for OS, Browser, etc... that need to be met?  I get no errors, it just processes for like 20 seconds and gives back no decks found.

Is this about the deck tutor? Did you mean to post here? https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,49594.0.html