deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Nest Tender EDH - Comments  (Read 425 times)

Comment Bot

Nest Tender EDH - Comments
« on: August 09, 2019, 01:59:28 am »
Nest Tender EDH

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

trubaedo

• Decks
Re: Nest Tender EDH - Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 01:59:28 am »
maybe something to sac the eggs for value can help

Raketenudo

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 08:48:28 am »
maybe something to sac the eggs for value can help
seconding this.

Also, I don't like the idea of going a token route with this commander. I think it would be better to rely on the commander and non-creature ways to create eggs, and lessen the non-big drop creature count (removing eternal witness and acidic slime, maybe switching in some non-creature alternatives like regrowth and decimate in), all to increase the chances of getting one of the huge creatures out with your eggs

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 03:50:50 pm »
hey,

Summoner's Egg is called an egg, but its creature types only say construct. so it doesn't work with your commander.

then I would cut the whole Choose Egg section, the space can be used better.

for the "Good Changelings" section, I would reccomend to tin out here a little, at least for the creatures. you want to hit your fatties if possible.

Acidic Slime can be replaced with Return to Nature or Nature's Claim. Way more cost efficient unless you really think you need to kill lands. If so, Decimate would be a good option.

To make it short, everytime a egg cracks, the table should be scared what's comming now.

In stead of Eternal witness I would reccomend something like Piper's Melody (if you want to choose what gets on top) or Elixir of Immortality (in order to get your whole gy back into your lib).

Then I would add some cards that allow you either a) crack eggs yourself or b) allows you to generate more eggs.
For a) cards like Ashnod's Altar would be good
for b) Magewright's Stone, Thousand-year Elixir, Thornbite Staff (in combination with a)

All in all, no offense but in it's current state the deck seems for me like an janky deck with some expensive cards.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

chet.skolos

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 07:16:12 pm »
Thanks for the comments. Defiantly needs some tuning still.
Summoner's Egg has the Egg creature type on Gatherer, I think this is a recent change.
Riptide Replicator can make 0/0 Eggs, These will exist on the battlefield long enough to trigger 'die' effects.
I like Thornbite Staff.
Martyr's Bond and more sacrifice outlets would be good too. Phyrexian Altar as a backup for Ashnod's Altar.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 11:25:29 pm »
Thanks for the comments. Defiantly needs some tuning still.
Summoner's Egg has the Egg creature type on Gatherer, I think this is a recent change.
Riptide Replicator can make 0/0 Eggs, These will exist on the battlefield long enough to trigger 'die' effects.
I like Thornbite Staff.
Martyr's Bond and more sacrifice outlets would be good too. Phyrexian Altar as a backup for Ashnod's Altar.

The point with Riptide Replicator is, even if you play it for x = zero, you'll still paying 4 mana for a 0/0 egg. I think that slot can be used better otherwise.

Ashnod's was the most prominent example. I'm kinda sure that there should be also other (non artifact) sac outlets. But yes, ashnods + phyrexian would be a good start.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.