deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Atla Palani, Nest Tender  (Read 401 times)

travis131999

• Decks

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Atla Palani, Nest Tender
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:03:57 am »
Hey,

I can understand why you want to build her, but I think this can be done better.

First of all, this catched my eye: Anger could be replaced with Fervor. Its cheaper and you can't egg into it.

Then in general, what I reccomend to change are 2 points:
1. add some more options to crack your eggs yourself. Possible options would be Goblin Bombardment, Pyrohemia or Ashnod's Altar.
2. Add some options that allow you to generate more tokens. Thousand Year Elixir, Umbral Mantle, Instill Energy and Thornbite Staff would do a great job here.

Btw, what about Impact Tremors? With a good egg production it would fire alot of damage.

About the shapeshifters: I understand the idea behind them, but I would prefere a bigger egg production or some more killers in stead.

About the threads: how about Pathrazer of Ulamog? I'm sure your playgroup will love him.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 10:24:41 am »
Hey,

As ever, Judaspriester is making some great recommendations. However, on the subject of Anger, there is a situation where he is better:

Not sure if you're aware but there is a combo with Egg Lady that lets you get all your creatures out in one turn.

Egg Lady, Thornbite Staff and Ashnod's Altar. You equip egg lady with the staff, Pay 2 and tap to create an egg, sac it to the altar, the egg goes to the yard and untaps Egg Lady. You can then use the two generated by the altar to start the chain again.

It will get all your creatures out if it's not disrupted. If this combo appeals to you, then Anger is probably better than Fervor as you are guaranteed to hit it in your monster turn and you can then sac it to the altar to put it in the yard to give everyone haste the turn it matters (assuming you control a mountain too of course).

Getting the two missing pieces won't be the easiest in egg ladies colours though, especially on a budget, so this combo might not appeal to you.

Thought I'd just give you the heads up though in case this was something that appeals to you.

Cheers

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:39:55 am »
@CleanBelwas you got me, good point. In the current state, anger isn't that interesting, but with more sac outlets, this may change.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 10:48:24 am »
@Judaspriester I completely agree. Fervor would definitely be my choice over Anger in most cases, and if Travis doesn't want to aim for the "Scrambled Eggs" combo (as I've heard it called) then it would be my choice here too.

Anger only really pays dividends in this combo so I thought at was at least worth a mention.