deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH/Commander] Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind - Draw  (Read 4336 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: [EDH/Commander] Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind - Draw
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 01:14:17 pm »
I tend to stay away from 3 card combos unless your commander can tutor for them or you're in black and your commander is part of the combo (since black has a lot of tutors). The tidespout tyrant adds virtually nothing to the deck. You could just run cyclonic rift, which can be search via mystical tutor and merchant scroll.

So yeah I wouldn't include the combo since cyclonic rift does the same thing as the combo, at instant speed, then you should be able to win your next turn.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

nethys

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2019, 05:54:46 pm »
Well, tidespout tyrant can return land to prevent the opponent from replay it's cards. So it slow it a lot more.

But I get your point. And that was what I was thinking too. But I wasn't very sure about it.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2019, 06:04:05 am »
Sorry, before, I wasn't giving a comprehensive list of cuts. I was just pointing out a few that could safely be dropped. I think Psychosis Crawler could stay if you want backup for Niv, but you're running a ton of counters and draw, so I'm not sure you need it.

I agree about the three card combo; you should never add cards that only do anything when you have another specific card (unless that card is your commander).

I would suggest adding Flash, though, so that you can draw your deck with Niv, play LabMan at instant speed, then win the game with another Niv trigger. If they stifle the trigger or counter Flash, you can just discard to hand size and refill your deck with Ulamog.

Aside from that, I would suggest separating your cards into those you absolutely need and those that just seem cool, then start cutting the "cool" cards from highest cmc down. You could also cut those that are less useful or have worse value for cost, but that's a bit more tricky.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

nethys

• Decks