deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Tatyova Multi/Pass  (Read 14316 times)

biderchurch

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Tatyova Multi/Pass
« on: August 27, 2019, 02:32:22 pm »
Tatyova Multi/Pass

Introduction

Hi, this is my Tatyova Multi/Pass build !!! The main goal of this deck list was to fit in BOTH EDH Duel and Multi ban lists (NO Sol Ring , Sensei's Divining Top or 0 mana rocks), avoid dead-cards (like Laboratory Maniac , etc ...) as much as possible in order to guaranty resilient open hand and good top deck early/mid game. It's a paper deck and I will try to keep it fine tune (maybe-board) in the future to achieve it's goal : having fun and win at every EDH table !

The list have several weaknesses like heavy aggro or control decks, removal on Taty and sometimes board wipes in multi. So it needs card draw, some control spells and a small protection suite to keep our board state and a healthy life total. I've added stax pieces to slow down a bit your opponent, make instants harder to cast and make their mana rocks useless. For safety I've also added Avenger of Zendikar witch is just good in every lands matter deck.

DA GAME PLAN

The Retreat Combo - 40 life

So we're in Multi-Players format here, we've got more time for us and life can be use as resource with Sylvan Library , the goal here is to put down our combo and win the game instantly without combat damage. The deck is quite resilient and fast, it wants to ramp on T1 and T2, cast Taty on T3-T4, win soon as T5 - T8 max with Laboratory Maniac and deck yourself.

Since it's a long combo to assemble, we have to draw into our tutor/combo pieces as soon as possible, we've got flash lands like Alchemist's Refuge or Emergence Zone to help cast Laboratory Maniac at flash speed if needed.

Retreat Combo : Tatyova, Benthic Druid + Sakura-Tribe Scout + Retreat to Coralhelm + Simic Growth Chamber + Laboratory Maniac

Overrun - 20 life

Here we are in Duel format, unless we've got all our combo pieces in our opening hand, that's not how we close the game. Aggro and control decks are kings here, so we can't just sit and do nothing while searching for our combo pieces. Here we switch gear, ramp and tutor as fast as possible Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar or Avenger of Zendikar onto the BF and beat down our opponent in a couple of turns. The cool move here is to use Finale of Devastation for 10GG , tutor Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar if it's not onto the BF already or anything you need and swing for lethal with our boosted creatures. We can also use Muddle the Mixture to tutor Finale of Devastation in our hand.

Cool card sequence : Muddle the Mixture --> Finale of Devastation --> Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar

Conclusion

Here it is, I wanted this deck to be flexible enough to fit in both formats, it's still a work in progress and it's a challenge ! I hope they will not ban Cyclonic Rift in both formats tho.

If you have some suggestions I'm open to it ! I  hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do, good luck and have fun !!!

biderchurch

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Tatyova Multi/Pass
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:29:41 pm »

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
-1 Mana Breach
+1 Mana Leak