deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Olivia  (Read 562 times)

PsyChaz

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Olivia
« on: September 04, 2019, 11:40:30 am »
Playing around with Olivia for the fun of it.  Looking for comments and suggestions.

Olivia

Olivia Voldaren EDH deck

PsyChaz

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Olivia
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 05:59:56 pm »
Updated.  Feel free to comment.

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 Dark Remedy
-1 From Under the Floorboards
+1 Elbrus, the Binding Blade
+1 Hero's Downfall

Changed amounts:
+1 Exsanguinate
+1 Feast of Dreams
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Ob Nixilis Reignited
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Quag Sickness

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 04:30:07 am »
Without knowing your budget or the power level you're aiming for, this might not be terribly helpful. However, I noticed you're running Cavern of Souls, so I imagine your budget isn't super tight.

You're average cmc is a bit high. You need to cut down on big spells like In Garruk's Wake and replace them with better versions of the effect, like Toxic Deluge.

Also, you're missing some pretty good vampires like Captivating Vampire, Bloodlord of Vaasgoth, and Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief. You might want to look at edhrec or another site for suggestions.

Finally, you're running very little ramp aside from a couple of rituals. Instead of Seething Song and useless cards like Shock, Spark Jolt, or Skyfire Phoenix and odd fits like Soul of Innistrad, why not run Underworld Connections, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers, Rakdos Signet, Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum, and reanimator spells like Reanimate, Living Death, or Patriarch's Bidding?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 06:09:52 am »
At a quick glance, there are 3 high CMC cards that I think could easily be swapped out for something cheaper [like a couple more vamps like the aforementioned Captivating Vampire]: Boneyard Parley, Hedonist's Trove and Meteor Golem, In Garruk's Wake isn't really that bad as at least its a boardwipe though if you have something cheaper CMC-wise, I'd play it instead; Kindred Dominance fits a tribal deck just fine for instance.  Still expensive, but cheaper CMC than Wake and cheaper $$-wise than Toxic Deluge [which is fantastic btw, if you can afford it, buy one].  Unstable Obelisk is a potential replacement for the Golem, it can also get rid of a troublesome permanent [and can get lands too] but it is going to act as ramp before that point [and you could use more artifact ramp in here].  You could really use Rakdos Signet and Talisman of Indulgence as well. 

Quag Sickness could easily be replaced by Defile which is cheaper and does the same thing essentially though your swamp count is a bit low to guarantee killing anything more than maybe 5 toughness when you need it.  Maybe Terminate is a better call here. 

While Geth, Lord of the Vault is a great card, not sure he's the best fit for the deck.  Necropolis Regent fits the vamp theme, slots in the same CMC and powers up your vamps.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 08:06:54 am »
People have already covered that it'd be a good idea to lower the average cmc and increase the ramp so I'll just leave one card:

Yahenni, Undying Partisan. Best Vampire.

Not that I'm biased, but Yahenni happens to be the commander of my favourite deck. I'm sure that's no relation as to why it's the best vampire in my opinion.

PsyChaz

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 09:18:33 pm »

PsyChaz

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 09:53:10 pm »

Revision 5

Added/removed cards:
+1 Basilisk Collar

Changed amounts: