deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Anje Falkenrath drain NEED HELP!  (Read 534 times)

cckellin

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Anje Falkenrath drain NEED HELP!
« on: September 07, 2019, 07:57:25 am »
Anje Falkenrath drain

first time making a deck suggest upgrades please
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 05:08:35 pm by cckellin »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Anje Falkenrath drain
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 07:40:59 am »
Hello my name is G. Moto and I'm here to offer my assistance in your deck building. I've some months building commander decks and i also bought this deck as well so i can offer some aid on this one. Firstly i need some info so i can offer you the best of advice on this particular build: 1) What is the overall objective of the deck? 2) How do you intend to win with this deck? 3) what is your proffered playstyle with this deck?
     For the most part if you want strong discard cards you could run Raiders' wake. Also both Bloodrage brawler and Avatar of Discord are strong creatures for a low cost that run with the purpose of your deck. Lastly bloodsoaked altar is a good artifact to have that gives you discard and bard presence at the same time. What do you think?

cckellin

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 04:42:17 pm »
Looks like some solid choices. Overall I see Anje's ability as a strong way to turn through the deck if the cards had madness attached to it. I added more madness cards to get through the deck faster to get combo pieces. While casting at the low madness cost for added value when possible. With discard such a huge aspect I thought why not include it as a win condition to burn down the opponents with a few creatures and other cards that can utilize the discard as well. The style is to hit fast and hard. Some concerns I see are the CMC seems a little high (madness cost may help with this) so some strong lower CMC options would be good. What would be some good options for upgrades for the mana base? Do I need more mana ramp or will this deck run fast enough with the discard engine to get the mana it needs and is there enough? This combo solely relies upon the commander so should I include some options to protect her? Should I worry about drawing out my entire deck or will my opponents be drained before then? Do I need more removal? The deck may be so focused on what its trying to do it's not including answers to questions other decks may pose. What are some cards that we can add and remove to keep the overall engine going while making it more powerful?                   

cckellin

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 05:05:06 pm »
Thank you for responding! My friends just got me into magic, i"ve only played three times and am mostly learning how to play through youtube. I got all the 2019 commander decks to play with them. This commander seemed like the most fun to me so I wanted to make it more competitive to stand against my friend's decks.   

G. Moto

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Anje Falkenrath drain NEED HELP!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 07:56:05 am »
For the mana base you could add cabal stronghold, urborg tomb of yawgmoth, cabal coffers, and crypt of agadeem since you're discarding anyway. The deck is pretty fast but like most rakdos decks it burns through its gas very quickly if you don't plan for late or even mi-game. You could add vilis broker of blood to the deck with dread presence. This way you are steadily drawing cards whether you are winning or losing. Also if you wanna keep other people's decks under control you can add cards such as havoc festival, erebos god of the dead and Tibalt rakish instigator. This way your opponents cannot gain life and they are put on a constant health clock. Add back the key to the city and a rogue's passage and you can make sure your opponent's feel the terror when you swing a master of cruelties at them unblockable. What do you think of my suggestions so far?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 08:54:59 am »
Holy shit is that G. Moto
Nils is the God I worship

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 02:36:40 pm »
Holy shit is that G. Moto

Nah I think it is a figment of your imagination :)
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 05:01:22 pm »
There can be only one... ;)

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 05:03:24 pm »
There can be only one... ;)

I see what you did there, and I liked it.