deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Syr Gwyn Revisited (7/20/2022)  (Read 12816 times)

Jesterskull

• Decks
Re: "Rise" of Syr Gwyn ( Mardu Knights Reanimator Commander)
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2020, 04:32:52 pm »
As a tech choice i'd recommend swapping out Zurzoth, Chaos Rider for the black enchantment tainted Remedy. Zurzoth does make bodies but they have no type, and he makes you discard randomly which means you might accidentally throw away combo pieces in your hand. If you want efficiency in your plays and consistency in your execution you want to avoid the confusion and randomness (unless the chaos IS the theme of the deck). By adding tainted remedy you keep opponents from gaining life and any life-linkers they may have will actually hurt them too. With your angel of destiny and this enchantment then you can mow down people's life totals. This also helps you because you're focusing on combat so the last thing you want is them gaining life on you since you have to swing every turn to keep them in check. Also if life gain is a win condition for you then you might also want to add true conviction. This way your knights hit a bit harder on the battlefield AND you get some life link as well. What are your thoughts on this?
I tried running those in testing.... but ended up in a direction I didn't want. Look with AoD, I think I am gonna get more use of her ability to get hits then her win condition (Triggering a lot of combos and "trust"). And I actually like Zurzoth for other combos, and if I discard any combo piece, well this is an re-animator deck. Like Burning Inquiry, you just have to calculate when to use it.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2020, 04:53:28 pm »
I understand where you're coming from. Then perhaps you can add creatures that have auto sac or discard outlets? This way you can get your creatures in the yard quickly and recur them that way. One combo i came up was running Chainer, Nightmare Adept with my Hell's caretaker in my Sedris, The Traitor King EDH deck. Untap, upkeep, discard a creature you want in the yard, then tap the caretaker to sac a token (your devil token would be best), bring out your big beater for essentially free, then you can STILL cast another creature from your yard. Double the reanimation before you even draw for turn. This combo also works with Kroxa, titan of death's hunger because you can keep recurring him for card advantage without having to pay the escape cost or exile any cards. How does that sound?

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2020, 07:36:24 pm »
Wheeling not a discard outlet?

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2020, 08:23:42 pm »
I understand where you're coming from. Then perhaps you can add creatures that have auto sac or discard outlets? This way you can get your creatures in the yard quickly and recur them that way. One combo i came up was running Chainer, Nightmare Adept with my Hell's caretaker in my Sedris, The Traitor King EDH deck. Untap, upkeep, discard a creature you want in the yard, then tap the caretaker to sac a token (your devil token would be best), bring out your big beater for essentially free, then you can STILL cast another creature from your yard. Double the reanimation before you even draw for turn. This combo also works with Kroxa, titan of death's hunger because you can keep recurring him for card advantage without having to pay the escape cost or exile any cards. How does that sound?
What about Knight of the Ebon Legion + Sidisi, Undead Vizier Switched out from replacing Sangine Guard and Demonic Tutor?

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2020, 08:28:46 pm »
Addition of another sac outlet by suggestion. (Still waiting to visual edit)

Revision 174

Added/removed cards:
-1 Demonic Tutor
-1 Sanguine Guard
+1 Knight of the Ebon Legion
+1 Sidisi, Undead Vizier

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2020, 08:50:34 pm »

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2020, 09:29:44 pm »
Helltaker addition

Revision 176

Added/removed cards:
-1 Liliana's Standard Bearer
+1 Hell's Caretaker

Jesterskull

• Decks

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2020, 08:24:43 am »
Not saying that wheeling isn't discarding, but keep in mind that you do give your opponents cards when you wheel as well. Typically when i do discard cards i have the source be something that i can control more easily and constructively like with a key to the city or sorts. That's all i mean.

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2020, 09:00:53 am »
Forgot to change a knight in last

Revision 179

Added/removed cards:
-1 Knight of the Ebon Legion
+1 Liliana's Standard Bearer

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2020, 06:33:09 am »
Needed a bomb, enter the prince

Revision 180

Added/removed cards:
-1 Basilisk Collar
+1 Westvale Abbey // Ormendahl, Profane Prince

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2020, 11:31:14 pm »
Decided I would get better use out of Batterskull then Mimic Vat

Revision 181

Added/removed cards:
-1 Mimic Vat
+1 Batterskull

Jesterskull

• Decks

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2020, 09:18:55 am »
Debated on which Tutor I could get away with, with out unbalancing the colors

Revision 183

Added/removed cards:
-1 Phylactery Lich
+1 Beseech the Queen