deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: [EDH / Commander] Fifty ways to leave your lover (Merieke Ri Berit / combo)  (Lida 3223 vezes)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Six ways to break Merieke Ri Berit
« Responder #15 em: Outubro 21, 2019, 10:34:10 am »
If you plan to add Land Tax, think about Scroll Rack too.
It's a good deck filterer by itself and with Land Tax effectively draws you 3 new cards per turn.
You need more shufflers (fetchlands for instance) or you will always see the same cards, when you don't have Land Tax.

I was just ensuring I get my land drops but turning it into draw? That's brilliant. Which means I definitely need Scroll Rack, too.

EDIT: Sen Triplets seems like a card I have completely neglected. Should be a perfect addition to my stealing theme.
« Última modificação: Outubro 22, 2019, 10:49:05 am por MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Six ways to break Merieke Ri Berit
« Responder #16 em: Novembro 17, 2019, 05:23:00 pm »
I've edited the deck quite a bit to include a bunch of combos and a leaner average CMC. Do you guys think I'm going to the right direction?

Credits to Morganator 2.0 for giving me some amazing feedback!

Specifically, how do you feel about my inclusion of Grimgrin, Corpse-Born?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Five ways to leave your lover (Merieke Ri Berit / combo)
« Responder #17 em: Novembro 17, 2019, 07:38:58 pm »
I like the changes you've made, and not just because I suggested them.

Grimgrin, Corpse-Born is definitely a neat inclusion. Tell me how it works out. Earlier in this thread you mentioned that Ashnod's Altar ends up being a dead card in this deck. I'm curious if Grimgrin will be the same.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #18 em: Novembro 17, 2019, 08:05:53 pm »
I like the changes you've made, and not just because I suggested them.

Grimgrin, Corpse-Born is definitely a neat inclusion. Tell me how it works out. Earlier in this thread you mentioned that Ashnod's Altar ends up being a dead card in this deck. I'm curious if Grimgrin will be the same.
There's a difference: the change is permanent. Ashnod's altar gives me just two mana for one turn and A) it's not a threat later on - unlike Grimgrin and B) I can untap Grimgrin in the absence of creatures.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #19 em: Janeiro 03, 2020, 09:21:05 pm »
I seem to be running into a problem with this deck: I can't consistently tutor for my combos. I have no clue as to why this is a problem because I have quite a few tutors and combos, don't have a hard time casting things and my opponents can't touch me that much. Any help?

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Responder #20 em: Janeiro 03, 2020, 10:35:23 pm »
Hey man.

I notice that outside of your combos, your draw spells tend to be one shots. Maybe including more repeatable draw options would help?

You've already got Arcanis in your sideboard, which works well with all the untap synergies you have anyway, but triple blue might not be ideal for a 3 colour deck.

Similarly Necropotence could do a lot of work, but triple black could have the same option. Also, Bolas's Citadel offers serious card advantage, especially with your cheap spells, but again, triple black isn't ideal.

One of my personal favourite repeatable draw options is Greed. Both the casting cost and activation cost are easy enough for a 3 colour deck, and if you're assembling a game winning combo, the loss of life means next to nothing. Also, it has sick art. Especially the print with the dude vomiting coins.

I also love Kefnet the Mindful, but I recognise that he isn't amazing and I have a fair amount of personal bias. An indestructible, 3cmc mana sync that draws cards isn't nothing, and in my personal experience, having a 5/5 indestructible flyer is often worth keeping a card in hand for an extra turn.

Anyway, I think a source of repeatable card draw could potentially help with the issues you've been having. I hope it works out for you man. Let us know how it goes.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #21 em: Janeiro 03, 2020, 10:42:39 pm »
Hey man.

I notice that outside of your combos, your draw spells tend to be one shots. Maybe including more repeatable draw options would help?

You've already got Arcanis in your sideboard, which works well with all the untap synergies you have anyway, but triple blue might not be ideal for a 3 colour deck.

Similarly Necropotence could do a lot of work, but triple black could have the same option. Also, Bolas's Citadel offers serious card advantage, especially with your cheap spells, but again, triple black isn't ideal.

One of my personal favourite repeatable draw options is Greed. Both the casting cost and activation cost are easy enough for a 3 colour deck, and if you're assembling a game winning combo, the loss of life means next to nothing. Also, it has sick art. Especially the print with the dude vomiting coins.

I also love Kefnet the Mindful, but I recognise that he isn't amazing and I have a fair amount of personal bias. An indestructible, 3cmc mana sync that draws cards isn't nothing, and in my personal experience, having a 5/5 indestructible flyer is often worth keeping a card in hand for an extra turn.

Anyway, I think a source of repeatable card draw could potentially help with the issues you've been having. I hope it works out for you man. Let us know how it goes.
I agree with all of your points which is the reason why I'm not running many of those things. Arcanis is a kill on sight and I've yet to keep him on the board for a full round. :(
Greed is a fantastic suggestion, though. I'll definitely experiment with it.

Edephos

• Tapping Left
  • Decks
« Responder #22 em: Janeiro 03, 2020, 11:17:59 pm »
How does the Decree of Silence + Solemnity combo go over in your playgroup?  After learning of that combo, I would think in most playgroups would tunnel you from turn one until they knew you removed it or switched to a different deck.  It has that Blood/Bond feel to it.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #23 em: Janeiro 04, 2020, 01:25:55 am »
What kind of speed and consistency are you looking for?

If you're aiming for anything turn 6 or sooner, the issue is more with the commander than the deck. If you want the games to go longer than that there shouldn't be any issues.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #24 em: Janeiro 04, 2020, 01:48:24 am »
What kind of speed and consistency are you looking for?

If you're aiming for anything turn 6 or sooner, the issue is more with the commander than the deck. If you want the games to go longer than that there shouldn't be any issues.
I think you're answering my question here. This is something I've been going through lately. I've learnt a lot and I think I need to rethink this whole deck. It's probably suffering from an identity crisis. I've already created a copy of this deck with Tymna and Silas Renn just to see how it would look like.

Perhaps it's time to go back and do the Merieke stuff, let this be a casual deck and focus on building a more powerful artifact combo deck with some other Commander and ditch the whole untapping subtheme and instead just focus on raw combo power.

It's getting late here and it feels bad and wrong to go back to the roots with this deck but then again it might be the only option.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #25 em: Janeiro 04, 2020, 02:11:24 am »
Damn. That was easy. I wish it was always like this.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #26 em: Janeiro 05, 2020, 11:44:05 am »
Damn. That was easy. I wish it was always like this.
I've now returned this deck to its previous state of untapping and tapping things. Left a couple of combos in but removed all tutors so I'm not tempted to go for the same lines of victory every time.

The combo deck is now under Tymna and Silas Renn (comments still appreciated regarding the matter of not being able to combo off quickly)
« Última modificação: Agosto 03, 2020, 04:40:59 pm por MustaKotka »

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #27 em: Agosto 03, 2020, 02:53:48 pm »
Well. I built another, more casual, Merieke so here I am again looking to make this one a bit more competitive. I've upgraded the combos to include Demonic Consultation + Thassa's Oracle, more support for Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal, and more tutors to hit Aphetto Alchemist + Illusionist's Bracers. I also started adding some cEDH staples with the idea that this could do well in a high power meta that might still include some creature strategies, too. Merieke has been degraded to being a one-shot removal effect with minimal untapping devices. There are still a few left so it's not a complete deviation from the untap-theme. I added a lot more card draw to combat the increased number of counterspells.

I'm open to more high power suggestions, again. Let's not aim for cEDH level T5 wins but a more modest T7 threat.

One sad ramification of this purification is that the name is now misleading. There are only three ways to leave your lover.

https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1407793-six-ways-to-break-merieke-ri-b
« Última modificação: Agosto 03, 2020, 04:40:31 pm por MustaKotka »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Responder #28 em: Agosto 03, 2020, 06:25:56 pm »
I've upgraded the combos to include Demonic Consultation + Thassa's Oracle

In all seriousness, why? The other 2 combos you mentioned have at least some synergy with Merieke, but Thassa + Consultation is just an auto-win with no synergy/usefulness outside of combo. If that's where you want the deck, that's fine, but in my eyes, that's getting into cEDH territory.

While looking at your card advantage section, I see a bunch of high CMC/long-term draw. I think a few (maybe 3) cantrips would give you better draw throughout the game. Right now, your card advantage is geared entirely for the late game, with none of it (outside of Divining Top) being useable early. Brainstorm, Ponder, Gitaxian Probe (extremely good in decks with a lot of removal/counterspells so you know what you're dealing with), Preordain, and Serum Visions are my favorite cantrips.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #29 em: Agosto 03, 2020, 07:17:30 pm »
In all seriousness, why? The other 2 combos you mentioned have at least some synergy with Merieke, but Thassa + Consultation is just an auto-win with no synergy/usefulness outside of combo. If that's where you want the deck, that's fine, but in my eyes, that's getting into cEDH territory.
It's just way too easy. I have the support for it, it's fast and it works.
While looking at your card advantage section, I see a bunch of high CMC/long-term draw. I think a few (maybe 3) cantrips would give you better draw throughout the game. Right now, your card advantage is geared entirely for the late game, with none of it (outside of Divining Top) being useable early. Brainstorm, Ponder, Gitaxian Probe (extremely good in decks with a lot of removal/counterspells so you know what you're dealing with), Preordain, and Serum Visions are my favorite cantrips.
Uh-oh, seems like I made a mistake there. I said T7 but I have Consecrated Sphinx looming at T6-T7. How was that supposed to help at all, I have no idea. Do you think sacrificing my pillowfort would be worth a few cantrips? I don't have fetches so Brainstorm isn't that powerful but the others are definitely worth it. Let's see what I can do, one second.

EDIT: Someone mind moving this to the commander section?

Also, how does it look now?
« Última modificação: Agosto 03, 2020, 07:31:06 pm por MustaKotka »