deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] 2019 Basic Mono Blue Deck  (Read 1095 times)

xueenmagic

• Decks
[Casual] 2019 Basic Mono Blue Deck
« on: September 20, 2019, 08:35:25 pm »
2019 Basic Mono Blue Deck

Please, give your rate for this deck...
1-5 Star
Tell me, problems, errors with solutions in this deck
Suggestion of cards is acceptable too.

Fozzieh

• Decks
Re: [Casual] 2019 Basic Mono Blue Deck
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 09:27:43 pm »
Hey Mate,

one word of advice coming form experience- to play illusory angel consistently, you need a number of cheap spells that you can cast on your turn- either cheap creatures like phantasmal bear, or cheap spells like opt or peek or vapor snag.Or phyrexian mana spell like gut shot.  Your only cheap spell that costs 1 mana is turn aside, which will not help because you will probably cast it on your opponent's turn. You will either have no mana to cast another spell + angel, or you will have to wait for enough mana for so long it won't be impactful anymore- either the opponent will have some big creature waiting or, bestc ase scenario, you will sit with two angels in hand, not able to cast them, knowing they could be some other, more useful card xD

So, either think on some cheaper spells to put in, or change the angel for something else because as it is now, casting it is difficult and inefficient.

Fozzieh

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 10:29:09 pm »
Generally, the mana cost of your deck is pretty high. I know it's casual deck and it's supposed to be fun and cheap, but there are cheap cards that could work better- think of what your deck is supposed to do.  Is it Aggro? Is it Control? What is my deck supposed to do? Then commit to this strategy.
As of now, you have a lot of expensive (mana cost) spells that are... inconsistent. You have some flyers, you have come counterspells, then some defenders... But I don't see any particular strategy or plan you are trying to force.
What is your deck supposed to do?
Let's say you want to play with Illusory angel. Alright, then maybe some kind of midrange or aggro deck.
We have a set of angels. What else. We can put 4 Judge's fmailiar - cheap creature that is annoying to your opponent, can counter a spell, flies (so it has something in common with angel) and costs only 1 mana, and can let you cast the angel on turn 4.
Pteramander- another cheap flyer that can get really big late game and doesnt cost much.
How about Opt? Another 1 mana spell, draws a card, lets you scry.
We need some utility spells. Getting rid of opponent's creatures or countering them, giving us some flexibility. Unsummon, Vapor snag, Archmage's charm, reality shift, echoing truth (echoing truth is amazing, can bounce enchantments and artifacts, and completely detroys token-based decks)... Choose 4-8 card and put it in as a way to annoy your opponent. They don't cost much and should be wildly available.

We need more cheap creatures- how about Surveilling Sprite- draws a card when dies and flies. We have some flyers, let's pump them up! Favorable winds will get our crits bigger.
Tempest Djinn is amazing- has 4 health so can survive bolt, flies and has as much power as many islands you have in play.
The, let's add some finishers- a couple of big creatures  to close the game- Frost titan, Riddlemaster Sphinx you already have (nice choice, I like it) should be able to finish the game for you.

That's just an idea, there are other archetypes so your plan will differ, depending on what's your playstyle. Just make sure to have a lot of CHEAPER (mana cost) cards so you are not left in a situation when you can't play anything because you have only expensive cards...

I'm not a pro player but I'm building my decks following this principle and they work fine :)

xueenmagic

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 09:23:53 pm »
Thx! You're awesome!
Brilhant idea!
i will go fix my deck now...
(Its a Control Deck)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 09:26:53 pm by xueenmagic »