deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Elves domination - Comments  (Read 544 times)

Comment Bot

Elves domination - Comments
« on: September 23, 2019, 01:24:39 pm »
Elves domination

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Green Magic

• Decks
Re: Elves domination - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 01:24:39 pm »
Great deck! I was gonna suggest putting Sylvan Messenger in place of  Gift of the Gargantuan / Lead the Stampede, then I saw you had it in your maybe board.

Skull Clamp is a huge nonbo with Kaysa, Elvish Archdruid, Adaptive Automation, Dwynen Gilt-Leaf Daen, Imperious Perfect, Path of Discovery, Icon of Ancestry, Vanquisher's Banner, Llanowar Reborn, and Oran-Rief. That's 10 cards that shut down Skull Clamp.

You may also wish to consider adding Kindred Summons, Elvish Promenade, Evolution Sage, Copperhorn Scout (untap those mana dorks for more pump) and Viridian Joiner (another thing to combo with Umbral Mantle.

Kirin248

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 09:13:26 am »
Thanks for your comment.

You're right about Skullclamp, this card is in the deck mainly in backup in case of boardwipe or removal . I should considering removing it.

I like your suggestions Kindred Summons, Elvish Promenade, Copperhorn Scout and Viridian Joiner (I have 3 of them in my collection) but i don't known what to remove. If you have any suggestion please do so :)

In the last setThrone of Eldraine, i'm considering to add Keeper of Fables, Oakhame Adversary, The Great Henge, Return of the Wildspeaker and Castle Garenbrig. What do you think about theses cards ?
In order to add all theses card, maybe i should remove some artefacts and enchantments , I don't known yet.

Green Magic

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 08:39:55 am »
Sorry - I didn't see that there was a response to this deck till now.

To remove:

I prefer direct draw over tutoring, so that's a handful of cards that I personally would take out.

Icon of Ancestry = 3 mana maybe draw a card. Not good enough.

Herald's Horn = 1 mana creature cast reduction and maybe draw a card per turn...Not so much an elf tribal card as it is huge non-green tribes that don't have card draw and need the mana reduction.

You can always take out some lands and replace them with 1 drop mana dorks. Better ramp, and can draw off them.

Asceticism - The regen will only affect your commander himself as his regen will cover all your other creatures (and cheaper), and you probably won't be leaving a ton of mana unspent. Is hexproof really going to win / cost you games? If so - how?

Talara's Batallion - Is this just a pet card? I fail to see its value. 4/3 for 2 mana isn't relevant value in commander...with a commander that pumps all your creatures +3/+3 per 5 mana spent.

Gempalm Strider - it seems like the exact thing that makes this card ok, your commander already gives you. You could say it's redundancy if you lose your commander, but it's only +2 without trample and can't be repeated no matter how much mana you have available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Eldraine cards:

Keeper of Fables -  isn't an elf, so it wouldn't even occur to me to include it in an elf deck. On its own - it seems good, but cards that require you to attack for value (Druid's Repository, Overwhelming Instinct) are worse than face value because often you're in a position where you don't meet the requirements (having creatures that can attack), are in a position where attacking will lose you your board (bigger enemies), leaves you open to counter-attacks, and some - like this one - require you to connect with the player (so you can't even do planeswalker control). In a deck like this in particular where you can pump + give trample, you should be swinging for lethal anyway, so the card draw is too late to matter.

Oakhame Adversary - It's an elf with deathtouch already that justifies a roster spot. I couldn't really criticize someone for wanting to include it right there. If your motivation for inclusion is the card draw, then I think you've stumbled into a good decision despite poor judgement.

The Great Henge - Given it's cost, I get the sense that players everywhere must be overrating this card. It's a great card, and it should be included in most decks - but I get the sense that there's hype around it like it's one of the best cards in green.

Return Of The Wildspeaker - I look at this as being a third Rishkar's Expertise & Soul's Majesty (fourth if you include Garruk, Primal Hunter). Great card in big creature decks, but here you want many cheap elves. If you're thinking about pumping them, then using this...well you've spent your mana so...why? Why mix a 'card draw turn' and a 'pump attack turn' in reverse order? Ever? Card draw -> pump, not usually the other way around. If you start with pump, do more pump. I did buy like 20 of this card though, as it has a place in almost any green deck with medium to big creatures. The other option is fine too if you're running a deck with a bunch of over run effects, but you're not doing that here because - EZURI.

Castle Garenbrig - I see almost no possible use for this land. You can get an extra mana out of it (creatures only) which is a huge problem and it won't benefit from cards like Vernal Bloom, Gauntlet Of Power, Keeper Of Progenitus, or Nissa Who Shakes The World. Also can't be fetched by Kodama's Reach / Cultivate / Skyshroud Claim / etc. The benefit it gives you to include in the deck (if you're not running those doubler's above) is comparable to starting each game with a free 0/1 plant token. Sure take the value.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 08:43:10 am by Green Magic »

Kirin248

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 11:07:37 am »
I completely missed your answer.

Without seeing your feedback I had already made some adjustments but seeing them allowed me to confirm my choices.

Recently, I added Vivien, Monsters' Advocate, Abundance and Llanowar Visionary.
Also, I'm testing Ambush Commander. Usually not a big fan of land becoming creature but i give him a chance :)
I saw Quest for Renewal in your deck, i think it could be a good card in this one.

Green Magic

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 04:23:53 pm »
Llanowar Visionary is a great card for any Elf deck going forward.
Abundance is a card that if you're gonna run it, you might as well play Sylvan Library so you can NOT draw 3 cards every draw step and NOT pay 8 life for 3 cards.
You're running Umbral Mantle, so you should run Sword of the Paruns as well, if you're going the infinite mana route.
If you're trying for combo tricks and blazing speed (which it seems like that's what you're going for) you should consider the Birchlore Rangers, Heritage Druid, Nettle Sentinel team, as well as possibly Malachite Talisman.

Leyline of Abundance looks like it'd almost always be an underperformer. It's best with lOTS of mana dorks. You just have a few that tap for large amounts, and how does paying 4 for an enchantment that makes Priest of Titania give 8 instead of 7 really benefit you?

Kirin248

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 06:14:00 pm »
As you recommanded I added Sword of the Paruns. Also I added Magewright's Stone and Quest for Renewal in order to untap as much as i can.

For now Sylvan Library is too expensive but you rigth it works well with Abundance.
I have a modern deck with Heritage Druid and Nettle Sentinel so for now i don't want to play them in this deck.

Leyline of Abundance was there for the combo with Devoted Druid and Ezuri except that not the most interesting card to have, I agree.

Green Magic

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 05:33:06 am »
Quest for Renewal - I'm not sure what good this'll do you. The only elves that have a relevant tap ability that you'd want to do each turn are Imperious Perfect and Immaculate Magistrate. It untaps your team for blocking, but that's unlikely to matter much if you're killing your enemies.

Magewright's Stone - Do you value this as a way to untap any one creature per turn over several turns of the game? I'd think untapping all your creatures once would suit you more (Priest of Titania twice to pump up the team) so Vitalize, Mobilize, Benefactor's Draught make more sense for that.