deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Best One Mana Cards in Throne of Eldraine  (Leído 446 veces)

DelverMage

• Decks
Best One Mana Cards in Throne of Eldraine
« en: Octubre 04, 2019, 04:24:35 am »
Throne of Eldraine has been an enjoyable set both with it's flavor and playability.  There are strong cards at all rarities, and casting costs.  It is very obvious to me that the new design/play team structure that WOTC has implemented is having a positive impact on these sets. 

At the one mana spot we only have 2 reprints, one of which I am happy to see stay; OptRighteousness is also there, but it is a filler card. 

There are 28 spells that fit this category and only a few stinkers.  Most bring value more than twice their casting cost.  I chose 5 cards that I believe deliver MORE than three times their cost.

Honorable Mentions
I want to give honorable mentions to Cauldron Familiar, Inquisitive Puppet, Redcap Melee, So Tiny, and Witching Well.   They are all cards worthy of consideration in drafts, sealed, or competitive play.  The Familiar and the Well will help feed combos or degenerate scenarios.  The Puppet can pull a bait and switch on targeting.  These cards are worth a second look.

The List

Fervent Champion - One of the two Rare cards that made this list, Fervent Champion comes with 2 key words, and two other abilities all for one Red Mana.  VALUE.  It is not hard to remove though, so keeping it on the battlefield to take advantage of all the cool abilities is not so easy.  If you do happen to keep the Fervent Champion around, it will be a power house.  Even if you cannot keep this card around for long, it does have First Strike and Haste.  On the go, play Mountain, cast Fervent Champion, attack for a point.  As a member in a Knights deck, it will boost one of your other knights by +1 when attacking.  If your deck is planned well and the timing is right, you will have an equipment in play or in hand to immediately attach (at a discount) to the Fervent Champion, making him immediately more formidable.  Just from this set alone I think Embercleave is just a beating.

Gilded Goose - The second Rare card on the list, it is the latest rendition of good ol' Birds of Paradise.  A 0/2 Flying Bird for G, that brings a Food token to the battlefield.  If you treat this little birdie right, and feed it 1G every turn, it will continue to lay you Golden Eggs.  When you need colored mana the Gilded Goose can crack one egg open for you and give you one mana of any color.  This card has value AND flavor!!  By the way, the old saying "Bolt the Bird" still applies here.  This card can bring both health and mana to the game, and if it isn't your goose, then cook it.

Gingerbrute - Of course you knew we were going to have Gingerbrute on this list, devious little bastard.  1/1 hasty artifact creatures nearly always see competitive play.  Mister Droolie here, can also get a unique evasion from all but the most hasty opponents.  When you are tired of this guy, just spend 2, pick him up (tap him) and bite his head off for 3 life gain, just like any other food token. 
TLDR:  1/1 walking food token w/Haste and triggerable non-haste evasion.

Overwhelmed Apprentice - Removing two of their cards from their library and having direct control of your next two draws, plus a 1/2 body.  All of this for U.  Even if the two card mill were not on this card, it would still be decent.  With the mill effect, Overwhelmed Apprentice becomes the opening gambit of a mill deck.

Merfolk Secretkeeper // Venture Deeper - So I don't usually put split cards on these lists, but in this case both the Adventure and the Creature are One Mana Spells.  Venture Deeper puts  the top four cards of somebody's library into the graveyard, and Merfolk Secretkeeper, with it's 4 Toughness is an excellent blocker.  For a control deck or a mill deck, this card not only helps you get to a Jace win, or to deck your opponent, but it is a hefty blocker to keep you and your planeswalkers in the game.  Not too useful in an aggro deck though.
« Última modificación: Octubre 05, 2019, 03:21:38 pm por DelverMage »

Blong

• Decks
Re: Best One Mana Cards in Throne of Eldraine
« Respuesta #1 en: Octubre 04, 2019, 06:46:51 pm »
So that's why I won prerelease lmao

DelverMage

• Decks
Re: Best One Mana Cards in Throne of Eldraine
« Respuesta #2 en: Octubre 05, 2019, 11:16:14 pm »
So that's why I won prerelease lmao

So what is the story about your win?