deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Seton - Comments  (Read 352 times)

Comment Bot

Seton - Comments
« on: October 06, 2019, 10:08:23 am »
Seton

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Green Magic

• Decks
Re: Seton - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 10:08:23 am »
I'm not sure how you use cloudstone curio to win in this deck.

Have you played this deck a few times? How's it done so far?

Space Owl

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 12:09:51 pm »
Cloudstone Curio lets you draw through your deck by chaining one drop Druids and bouncing them over and over using Seton's ability to pay for themselves. Using Thousand-Year Elixir with any creature that taps for multiples lets you dump more and more mana into your mana pool. Wins through digging to find Helix Pinnacle and dumping mana into it. I suppose you could do the same with Aetherflux Reservoir. I also won by bouncing Craterhoof and replaying it three times to overrun everyone.

I built the deck today and played a few times and it's pretty explosive. You can do some crazy stuff. But I'm not going to play it again, I hate winning with it. Every win involves a 10+ min final turn where everyone just sits and watches. Feel like jerk every time.

Green Magic

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 06:13:59 pm »
It was a lack of Aetherflux or similar effect that had me confused. You also don't have Concordant Crossroads / Akromas memorial, so it didn't look like you were going to cycle to get creatures out to swing with either. You were hoping to draw into Helix pinnacle, I didn't see that coming.

Sorry you don't enjoy the deck. I love winning with Seton.

Space Owl

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 06:41:17 pm »
Yeah don't get me wrong, I loved playing the deck and how explosive it is. Lots of fun interactions. I just didn't like the solitaire final turns as I've been on the other side of that and it's the worst lol

Green Magic

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 03:48:15 am »
That's why when I have turns like that I just look up and ask 'Does anyone have a way to stop me, or do I just win?'

Sometimes they'll ask if you have the win condition in hand, and I can either say "yes I already do" or "no, but I'm set up to draw at will and can get it without problem."

Sometimes they ask me to play it out (not really having paid attention), and after a few more casts they see why it's a foregone conclusion.

I love my Seton deck, and I'd hate to see someone else give up on a great commander like him. So long as you move through your turn fast, it shouldn't be too terrible for the other players. It's those artifact / cascade / extra turn / constant tutor + shuffle combos that I hate to watch someone go for because those 10 minutes consisted of like 6 spells.