deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Does anyone know helpful sites to build decks?  (Read 587 times)

Garzjla129

• Decks
Does anyone know helpful sites to build decks?
« on: October 08, 2019, 06:53:38 pm »
Is there a site similar to https://edhrec.com/commanders but for Modern or Brawl?
Ain't it a gentle sound the rolling in the graves...

🌳💀

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Does anyone know helpful sites to build decks?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 08:46:09 pm »
EDHREC used to have a brawl page, but they shut it down because it was unpopular, and trying to keep up with rotation was too difficult. It might come back.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 09:04:07 pm »
Matt Stone and Trey Parker have started a campaign of #CancelSouthPark.

Can the Magic community start a campaign of #LetBrawlRestInPeace ?

Happy Brewing!
:)

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 09:20:09 pm »
MTG Goldfish has some useful resources like that. It takes the decks that 5-0 (that are published) and makes an average deck of the ones in the same archetype. It can be wonky at times, but it is a good resource.

Honestly, I usually just go to the Deck Search tab on this site and search for the specific cards and format. Filter by whatever metric you prefer, but there are usually enough decks here for me to get a good sense of what people like to play. Also a great way to find some nice tech cards. For example:I did a search for Modern Bogles, and found some neat techs of Eidolon of Countless Battles or Helm of the Gods
 as Ethereal Armor #5-6, or side board Oppressive Rays as a 1 mana way to brick early plays or clear the way forward. 

Garzjla129

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 11:59:32 pm »
Matt Stone and Trey Parker have started a campaign of #CancelSouthPark.

Can the Magic community start a campaign of #LetBrawlRestInPeace ?

Well, I think like that about standard cause it's just a way to make a bunch of money (the way I see it). What I don't see though is throwing hate around just because you don't like a format. If you don't like it don't play it, it's as simple as that. No need to propose something to cancel it
Ain't it a gentle sound the rolling in the graves...

🌳💀

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 12:19:36 am »
I wasn't saying that the Magic community should actively try to make the Brawl format die.  So my analogy to the South Park guys was probably a poor one.

My point was that EDHrec took down their Brawl site due to lack of use.  Most LGS's stopped offering Brawl as a format for lack of interest.  Then WotC has tried to revive Brawl by offering decks for the format.  While these decks are proving very popular, I am only seeing interest from Commander players.

So my point really was that IF Brawl would fade away a second time, then let's not permit WotC to bring it back for a third go-round.

Happy Brewing!
:)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 01:13:59 am »
WotC doesn't care where the interest in Brawl decks comes from. It's a win-win. They get money, we essentially get multiple commander sets a year. Anyways a helpful deckbuilding site is deckstats.net ;)
Nils is the God I worship

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 05:41:33 pm »
Well, for me it's kinda easy: Precon Brawl decks means another product with new prints for EDH cards. Tome of Legends and Arane Signet are good examples.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

bradcoish23

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 06:23:41 pm »
I feel WotC has addressed some of brawl's issues as a format:
1)  Printing cards that are designed specifically for brawl
2) Printing more legendary creatures in a variety of colors (in every set)
3) Printing precons to help jump start ease of entry.

The main issue, as I see it from my experience, was the mana bases. If you want to play three color decks you need to offer more "dual" lands. Every set should have a common cycle of two-colored lands, in all 10 pairings, to help this issue (they also must not have the same name as lands already in the format, they can be the same card even, just change the names). If you cannot commit 10 slots in common each set to help the format thrive then get out of the business of the format. I get it will have an effect on limited, but doesn't improved mana help limited as well? The problem comes with trying to balance standard, limited, and brawl in the same set. Maybe, stop printing some of the pure garbage commons that show up in every set and give them to cards that are brawl playable. WotC is trying, but you either have to be in or out on providing cards for the format each set. We will see.