deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: +1/+1 Counter Decks Suggestions Wanted (EDH)  (Read 1770 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: +1/+1 Counter Decks Suggestions Wanted (EDH)
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 01:38:31 am »
I like that. I have a lot of +1/+1 counter decks going on, but I'll add that to the list. Seems like it could be really fun.

thelxinoe

• better lucky than good
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 05:19:23 am »
contagion engine seems like a good addition
another addition could be graft creatures as they combo with hardened scales, corpsejack menace, etc.

thelxinoe

• better lucky than good
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 05:29:23 am »
also abzan ascendency and oath of ajani could work pretty well in the lategame when the board is clogged. abzan ascendency could work well against boardwipes

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 03:05:04 pm »
Contagion Engine is ~$10, too expensive.
Most Graft creatures are not good. The only one I would consider is Plaxcaster Frogling, but it's not within either of the color identities of the commanders I listed.
Abzan Ascendancy is good, I considered it, and the board wipe protection it provides makes it worth it in my eyes.
Oath of Ajani isn't good enough. I don't have any planeswalkers, and the 2nd part alone isn't worth it.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 03:28:22 pm »
Vigean Graftmage is also interesting if you ask me.

Besides that, keep in mind that stuff like hardened scales would work twice with graft. First when the creature with graft enters the battlefield and then a second time if you move a counter towards another creature.

you could also use Cytoplast Manipulator + Simic Fluxmage as stealing combo.

/edit: speaking about evolve, Elusive Krasis is kinda nasty.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 03:30:24 pm by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

captN Stabb1n

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 02:05:43 am »
Devoted druid and vizier is a nice synergistic combo for some infinite mana fun. Also if you’re into alt win cons helix pinnacle fits well. Some solid value fatties like avenger of zendikar make the synergy explosive.

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 08:36:34 am »
I would recommend Vigor (It's just over budget acording tot EDHREC, they have it for $5,49). It's a powerhouse, especially if you also add Pestilence or pestilence demon. My sapling of colfenor deck is happy with them. That is an indestructable creature for your other deck by the way. It could ramp or give card advantage by attacking.

I also like the aforementioned Daghatar the adamant. It is very nice, and comes into play with (at least) for counters, depending on your board state (e.g. corpsejack menace).

If you decide to add blue, I can vouch for Galloping Lizrog, it can change games (especially if you have simic ascendancy on board).

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2019, 11:48:30 pm »
+1 +1 counters it's a mechanich abused by wizard there's to much card that gives counter and to much counter on the battelfield it's terrible!!!

Spinsane

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 04:53:37 am »
Since you already have Animation Module in your Grumgully, the Generous deck, had you considered adding Ashnod’s Altar or are you strictly against any kind of infinite combo?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:34:39 pm by Spinsane »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2019, 04:56:49 pm »
That's a really cool combo I didn't even know existed, but I have a couple of problems with it.
1. Altar is mostly useless outside of the combo.
2. I'm not a fan of combos, especially combos that utilize cards that are useless outside of the combo.
3. There's not much of a way to tutor for either combo outside of Gamble.
4. It's only infinite colorless mana, one of the more useless infinite mana combo. I need even more, specific, cards to actually win the game.
I pretty much like combos if the cards are individually good (i.e. Temur Sabertooth + Wirewood Symbiote + sufficiently large mana dork like Marwyn, the Nurturer/Priest of Titania/etc. + cheap elf like Elvish Visionary/Elvish Mystic/etc.) or if I am building a combo deck and can tutor up pieces easily (black decks with Vampiric Tutor, etc.)

Thanks for the cool suggestion, though!

Spinsane

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2019, 08:26:36 am »
It’s true the combo doesn’t mesh well with the deck as it stands currently, so let me suggest a few cards that could make it worthwhile...

Death’s Presence would let you transfer the +1/+1 counters onto other creatures when you sacrifice the servos, thus turning a useless infinite colorless mana combo into an infinite +1/+1 counters one. Actually, even without the combo I think the card would be a great fit in there.

Another card that fits really well into the tokens and counters deck is Woodland Champion (the card speaks for itself).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:40:30 am by Spinsane »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2019, 03:58:57 am »
I really like Woodland Champion. It does exactly what this deck wants to do. Nice suggestion.

Note: I feel like this isn't necessarily the deck for Death's Presence (it's 6 mana for starters). My Silas Renn, Seeker Adept & Reyhan, Last of the Abzan deck would love it, though. Don't know how I missed it.

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
-1 Domri, Chaos Bringer
+1 Woodland Champion
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:01:17 am by GolgariFTW »