deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Muldrotha Toolbox - Comments  (Read 186 times)

Comment Bot

Muldrotha Toolbox - Comments
« on: March 27, 2020, 08:01:09 pm »
Muldrotha Toolbox

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Unukalhai

• Decks
Re: Muldrotha Toolbox - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 08:01:09 pm »
* The average cmc of your current iteration is 3,43 and you don't seem to be running many sources of ramp. My first iteration of Muldrotha was lingering around cmc ~4.00 with 8 to 10 sources of ramp and still played like a more expensive Meren of Clan Nel Toth, as I simply did not have enough available mana to make full use of her ability. I have since lowered my curve to around ~3,00 to have a more consistent early game as well as a more flexible and resistent late game.
* You are already running Vampire Hexmage, adding in Dark Depths would give you repeatable access to 20/20 tokens.
* I recommend replacing Reclamation Sage with Caustic Caterpillar, as both of them effectively cost the same amount of mana (2G vs 1GG), but Caustic Caterpillar has the advantage of being a turn 1 play and an instant speed response.
* Blighted Woodland never seemed to be worth including in any deck to me; paying essentially five mana for two lands is a hefty price.
* Similarly, Horizon Spellbomb is an all around worse version of Wayfarer's Bauble, as it adds the land to your hand instead of ramping you.
* Mind Stone is a lower cmc replacement for Orazca Relic, which doesn't require the city's blessing.
* Interesting alternatives to Clever Impersonator with different downsides are Phantasmal Image & Sakashima's Student.
* Since you are running so many snow permanents, Ice-Fang Coatl could be a neat addition; it is essentially a simic version of Baleful Strix. Into the North is another ramp spell you gain access to.

largerock

• no casual
  • Decks
Re: Muldrotha Toolbox - Comments
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 12:46:11 am »
Now this is a box of fun