deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Commander Highlights: Throne of Eldraine  (Lida 1443 vezes)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Commander Highlights: Throne of Eldraine
« em: Outubro 18, 2019, 06:02:17 pm »
Every three months or so DelverMage goes over the best one-mana spells for whatever set just released. It shouldn't be too hard for me to do this for commander cards. I'm not going to go over the new commanders (there are already several dozen articles and videos of people talking about the commanders), just the cards that you may want to add to your decks.

Arcane Signet
All the rage right now. This goes in pretty much any commander deck, and is strictly better than so many other mana ramp staples.

Deafening Silence
cEDH staple right here. Cards like Rule of Law and Damping Sphere already mess up a  lot of decks. Most cEDH decks do rely on casting more than one non-creature each turn. And to top it off, it's only one mana. Definitely going to screw over early game plays.

Drown in the Loch
The duality of this card as both a counterspell or a removal spell is very useful. Cards tend to readily enter graveyards as the game goes on, so it shouldn't be a problem unless it's a really mana-heavy spell.

Faeburrow Elder
Similar to Bloom Tender, except it's one more white mana, and therefore automatically taps for two mana. It's a hell of a lot cheaper (for now) so it might make a better choice than Bloom Tender.

Frogify
Basically a colorshifted Darksteel Mutation. I mean... not exactly, but the function will be the same; remove a commander without sending it to the command zone, so your opponent will have trouble getting it back. Keep in mind that only white and green have effective options of removing enchantments, so this card can mess up many decks.

Hushbringer
A useful hatebear. Stopping enter the battlefield effects messes with a lot of value plays (like Mulldrifter, Karmic Guide, and Wood Elves). But also stopping death triggers messes with a bunch of other plays. Both of them rolled into one card is amazing.

Kenrith's Transformation
Speaking of colorshifted Darksteel Mutation, this thing. Not only does it shut down a commander, it also draws you a card, making it arguably better than Lignify.

Oko, Thief of Crowns
Wow. This guy. Let's be honest, the first ability will rarely ever be used. But that second ability? Permanently disabling a creature/artifact every turn. And unlike the other Darksteel Mutation-like cards, there isn't an enchantment for you to remove. You'll have to remove your commander from the battlefield somehow if you want it to no longer be a deer (Elk, moose, whatever. It's a deer). I am convinced that his second ability was supposed to have "Until your next turn" added at the end, but was never fixed.

Return of the Wildspeaker
It's not like we didn't already have cards like Rishkar's Expertise and Soul's Majesty, but this is a nice instant-speed option. Moving on.

Stormfist Crusader
Because everyone draws on your upkeep, you'll be the first person to take advantage of the extra draw effect, unlike some cards I could mention (Howling Mine). The two colors is a bit of a restriction though, so I'm betting it will see fringe play.

Syr Konrad, the Grim
I can't see Konrad making a good commander, but he can do work in the 99 of the right deck. There are three different times that his ability can trigger, so pay attention; it can add up.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Commander Highlights: Throne of Eldraine
« Responder #1 em: Outubro 18, 2019, 10:28:40 pm »
Do you really think faeburrow elder will be comparable in price to bloom tender in the future? Personally I don't see green/white decks too often, but then again, the only decks that will run this sort of effect are those 4 or 5 color ones, that already have the g/w combination.

Thanks for making the thread. I haven't had time to really look at Throne of Eldrain. All I knew existed was Arcane Signet and Oko, Thief of Crowns. Speaking of our new arcane signet, thats going to drop in price, right? a $7 commander staple that goes in every deck? That's twice the price of a sol ring.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #2 em: Outubro 19, 2019, 01:42:54 am »
Do you really think faeburrow elder will be comparable in price to bloom tender in the future? Personally I don't see green/white decks too often, but then again, the only decks that will run this sort of effect are those 4 or 5 color ones, that already have the g/w combination.

Bloom Tender is used in a lot of decks where money isn't a problem. Even in 2-color decks, a 2 mana creature that taps for 2 is useful. I should know, I've done it before. I don't think that Faeburrow Elder is going to go to the same price. Bloom Tender costs one less mana, and (more importantly) goes in more types of decks, meaning it has a higher demand.

Thanks for making the thread. I haven't had time to really look at Throne of Eldrain. All I knew existed was Arcane Signet and Oko, Thief of Crowns. Speaking of our new arcane signet, thats going to drop in price, right? a $7 commander staple that goes in every deck? That's twice the price of a sol ring.

A small while back they were selling for $20. I'm not going to make any predictions, but maybe you can decide. Here are the factors that affect it's price:
  • Goes in any commander deck. High demand increases price.
  • Only one printing so far. Low supply increases price.
  • Brawl decks are getting a second print run. Increased supply decreases price.
  • Commander is constantly getting more popular. Staples increase in price.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #3 em: Outubro 19, 2019, 10:56:53 am »
A small while back they were selling for $20. I'm not going to make any predictions, but maybe you can decide.

I feel like the price was somewhat inflated by scarcity created by the fact it's only available from those pack thingies. People wanted it badly and they thought it might be a super rare thing since you can't pick it up from a booster. All in all I'm sure the price goes down: WotC shouldn't print something that is immediately in need of a reprint. They keep reprinting Sol Ring and Command Tower for these reasons.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Outubro 19, 2019, 11:40:06 am »
For me Frogify and Kenrith's Transformation are worse than darksteel mutation. the reason is easy: Indestructible.
a commander with frogify and Kenrith's will most likely act as a better ghostly prison, since every player knows they will block in order to release the commander. With the darksteel mutation this doesn't work.
They are interesting, without question, but the "lacking" keyword makes a huge difference.

for arcane signet, I'll think the price will stay high for now. I don't think WotC will do a reprint before the next brawl precon, which I would assume next fall. In the long run it may drop in price, but I wouldn't expect a price drop that soon. It's a damn good mana rock, and the supply isn't that high.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #5 em: Outubro 19, 2019, 12:24:59 pm »
I'd like to also nominate two green cards:

The Great Henge
It's usually a 2-4 mana draw engine with added ramp. I can't see why this card wouldn't slot into almost all green ramp decks: Elves, Hydras, you name it. (Mono)green isn't the best with draw anyways so having a piece that combines it with draw is brilliant value.

Castle Garenbrig
Mostly it's a land with +1 ramp and no downside for monogreen decks. I'll be running it in my Gruul deck and I don't think there's going to be a major downside. Not a staple, really, but a land that is better than a plain Forest should be considered an important card.

Finally the cool land fix card that offers no downside late game, Fabled Passage
The most expensive ABUR dual + shock + fetch land bases set aside I think it's a great card for tutoring basic lands. Why not? Rainbow decks should benefit a lot even if it's no Command Tower.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Responder #6 em: Outubro 19, 2019, 07:36:07 pm »
Wait why does castle garenbrig  say 6 {g} I don't think I have ever seen that on an official magic card. It is always spelled out {g}{g}{g}{g}{g}{g}.
« Última modificação: Outubro 19, 2019, 08:00:57 pm por Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Responder #7 em: Outubro 19, 2019, 09:10:13 pm »
Wait why does castle garenbrig  say 6 {g} I don't think I have ever seen that on an official magic card. It is always spelled out {g}{g}{g}{g}{g}{g}.

Looks like a templating change.  I noticed that one during previews.  I personally like this change.  Once you get more than 3 pips on a card, it can be difficult to discern whether it is 6 or 7 or 8 at a quick read.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Responder #8 em: Outubro 20, 2019, 03:46:44 am »

Looks like a templating change.  I noticed that one during previews.  I personally like this change.  Once you get more than 3 pips on a card, it can be difficult to discern whether it is 6 or 7 or 8 at a quick read.

Agreed, this is something that has needed a change for a long time.  Trying to read how much energy I needed to expend on some of the Kaladesh cards was kind of a pain., IE: Aetherworks Marvel

HeReSY

• Decks
« Responder #9 em: Outubro 20, 2019, 03:59:30 pm »
I think, one of the best cards in the set is Mystic Sanctuary.
You can bounce or flicker it every turn.

For example, with Gush, you can draw every turn two cards.

With Temporal Manipulation and Meloku The Clouded Mirror, or any other extra turn spell, that did not get exiled, you get infinit Turns and infinite 1/1.
Sure, you have to take care, that you did not empty your library, but that shouldn't be a big problem.

Blong

• Decks
« Responder #10 em: Outubro 25, 2019, 06:57:53 pm »
What about The Magic Mirror or optumistic dragon. Being able to hold an artifact hostage is really powerful at times

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Responder #11 em: Outubro 25, 2019, 10:09:37 pm »
Murderous Rider is a good card for black decks that need removal but want to keep the creature count up.
This space for rent.