deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Torbran ping pong - Comments  (Read 316 times)

Comment Bot

Torbran ping pong - Comments
« on: October 31, 2019, 12:51:55 pm »
Torbran ping pong

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Torbran ping pong - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 12:51:55 pm »
Besides the necessary cuts, I would reccomend to add a little more draw and ramp, in order to speed up the deck.

For the cuts, some ideas:
Rowan, Fearless Sparkmage
Purphoros, God of the Forge (good but DAMN expensive compared to the rest of the deck)
some of the cmc 3 pingers (especially those without a untap condition, or with a condition you won't met)
Scald (only play this if blue is really dominant in your playgroup)
Makeshift Munitions (could be expensive as finisher)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

peetftw

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 02:57:08 pm »
good advises, im still working and switching around as you can see, thanks for your imput

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 03:23:00 pm »
Hey,

I've just checked your last changes (up to rev. 8 ). I've noticed that you removed your full protection package for your commader. I don't think that's a wise idea. Swiftfoot Boots and Darksteel Plate are (at least for me) the minimum. Since you rely heavy on your commander (because of the +2 damage per ping) 1-2 additional cards would be very useful here.
In it's current state, kill Trobran and your deck is WAY less dangerous.

Another thing I've just noticed is that your deck is very efficient with creature removal, it lacks artifact removal. Abrade and Reckless Air Strike would fit very good in your deck since they are dual use. By Force, Smelt or Vandalblast would be more interesting options, if you think you'll need them (this depends alot on the amount of reelevant artifacts in your playgroup).
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

peetftw

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 04:25:57 pm »
thanks again for your input, cuts are getting harder, 7 more to go. but seems like im on a good way so far.

mtg_kid967

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 04:48:13 pm »

Ratman005

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 05:34:16 am »
Lightning Greaves might be better for you I'm not sure.  It's 2 to cast 0 to equip, and it gives haste and shroud.  I would also look at Chandra, Awakened Inferno.  That's consistent burn as it gives your opponents emblems.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:38:07 am by Ratman005 »

peetftw

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 11:13:45 am »
you could be right about greaves, boots are just much cheaper moneywise. could take a look, if i got some laying around in a binder. awakened inferno is a great card. but also expensive (money and cmc). also the emblems are colorless, so don't work with torbran. think i can do better.