deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Izzet Aggro + Ral Zarek Combo - Comments  (Read 582 times)

Comment Bot

Izzet Aggro + Ral Zarek Combo - Comments
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:44:29 am »
This is the comment topic for Izzet Aggro + Ral Zarek Combo.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Izzet Aggro + Ral Zarek Combo.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Pfedza

• Decks
Re: Izzet Aggro + Ral Zarek Combo - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:44:29 am »
Just wanted to let you know there's nothing in the rules as far as I know that prevents opponents from attacking your tapped planeswalker. Planeswalkers do not "block" when they are attacked, therefore they don't need to be untapped for them to be dealt damage or attacked. It's still useful to tap him if the opponent is tapped out and you have nothing else to tap.

JackOfSpades

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 10:14:56 am »
Nice deck! Have you thought about adding Paradise Mantle, in order to tap Blistercoil Weird to cast the spells that would untap it? Anyway well done!

Goofy Perverso

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 03:06:05 pm »
@JackOfSpades It's actually a good idea, I didn't know about that card and might me a nice tool to cast a few spells while having Blistercoil Weird able to block. I would definitetly use it to deal a good amount of damage to my opponent in one turn. Thank you! :D.

@Pfedza Yea, I know it is a strange concept, the crazy idea come when I thought "Hey, the rules stands for I can't attack a tapped creature. Planeswalkers are not creatures but they can be attacked too. Ral Zarek's +1 allows me to tap and untap the cards I desire so... can it make him unvulnerable?". The main idea is not to allow Ral Zarek to "block", it is to prevent my ceratures to be sacrificed in order to block the attacks that go for him, so I'd still have some creatures in the battelfield.
I have to protect him at any cost since he's the main gear of the main combo in this deck. Without this planeswalker the deck is kinda playable too, but a lot more risky and slow.

JackOfSpades

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 03:20:10 pm »
@Goofy Perverso  You're welcome, dude

max2519

• Decks
Re: Izzet Unblockable Aggro + Ral Zarek - Comments
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 04:20:03 pm »
Isochron Szepter can not imprint Serum Visions because thats no instant cast