deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [Modern] Bittersweet BOOM!  (Lu 540 fois)

shadowultd

• Decks
[Modern] Bittersweet BOOM!
« le: Novembre 24, 2019, 06:57:49 pm »
A deck that focuses around being as disruptive to my opponent as possible Spells on a stick (Isochron Scepter) and other forms of countermagic are used to accomplish this. All of this is a stall tactic to give either Managorger Hydra or my token generators (Bitterblossom and Young Pyromancer) time to build up and push for the win.

https://deckstats.net/decks/14650/1477778-bittersweet-boom-
« Modifié: Janvier 11, 2020, 02:09:24 pm par shadowultd »

shadowultd

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Bittersweet BOOM!
« Réponse #1 le: Janvier 11, 2020, 02:10:48 pm »
Made several major changes to the deck over the last while including a name change:)

shadowultd

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Mars 20, 2020, 07:26:14 pm »
Made several major changes in the last while.

Revision 34

Added/removed cards:
-1 Tarmogoyf

Changed amounts:
+1 Stomping Ground

Rooker

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Mars 27, 2020, 05:16:20 pm »
I would suggest looking up Mardu Pyromancer decks for some ideas. I'd as well look up Modern Selesnya Token decks for some more. Your deck seems to be doing too many things at once, though (disrupt, make tokens, and buff them), and I'd suggest a simpler build with more spells and 4 copies of Mardu Pyromancer (and since you seem to have the money, add on 4 Monastery Mentors). The tokens will make up for themselves.

I would also suggest cutting back on the colors a bit. Your current deck would leave you frequently mana screwed.

Intangible Virtue is decent, but it gets much better when mixed with Lingering Souls (which wins some games on its own).

shadowultd

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Mars 28, 2020, 03:36:18 pm »
I would suggest looking up Mardu Pyromancer decks for some ideas. I'd as well look up Modern Selesnya Token decks for some more. Your deck seems to be doing too many things at once, though (disrupt, make tokens, and buff them), and I'd suggest a simpler build with more spells and 4 copies of Mardu Pyromancer (and since you seem to have the money, add on 4 Monastery Mentors). The tokens will make up for themselves.

I would also suggest cutting back on the colors a bit. Your current deck would leave you frequently mana screwed.

Intangible Virtue is decent, but it gets much better when mixed with Lingering Souls (which wins some games on its own).

The deck primarily revolves around token control. It gets around alot of the color issues by having low CMC cards and being able to exile them on Isochron Scepter or just by fetching the right dual land. From test playing the deck I've had some issues with mana but its usually in the form of not getting my 5th color (seems to be random what one I'm missing in each game) A while ago I did drop blue making it into a quad color (https://deckstats.net/decks/14650/1589977-bittersweet-boom-2-0-) but I haven't had time to test the changes.