deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Torbran Burn  (Read 199 times)

odinson1138

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Torbran Burn
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:55:07 am »

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Torbran Burn
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 11:25:03 am »
Hey,

I don't really get why you've added those non-basics. Karn's Bastion is somewhat okay, even if I would say that 5 cards aren't enough to add a support card for them. The others absolutly feel out of place. Keep in mind that Ramunap Ruins is still a land (which means it's colorless) so you don't get the Torbran bonus damage. Using it means pay 5 mana and sacrifice another land (if you hit one of the 4) for 2 damage per opponent. unless you usually play with 4+ opponents, this sounds like a bad deal, especially because you have kinda less mana in general.

Warstorm Surge could be replaced with Impact Tremors. It "just" deals 3 damage per creature (assuming your commander out), but you have to pay only 2 in stead of 6 mana, which means you can use it more often. Besides that, it's not like you've got lots of high power creatures.

Besides that, what about Pyrohemia and The First Eruption? Both should fit into the deck.

In general I think that 32 mana sources aren't enough. I've got a Arahbo aggro deck with a average cmc of 2.2 and 38 mana sources, and even there I sometimes run into trouble.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:38:25 am by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

odinson1138

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Torbran Burn
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 10:37:18 pm »
Thank you for your input, im somewhat new to comander deckbuilding and i just threw this deck together with the cards that i had in my collection. and yes the handful of times i've played this deck i found i was short on mana and plan to swap out the deserts.