deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Noyan Dar’s $65 Spellbook  (Read 360 times)

firebrand549

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Noyan Dar’s $65 Spellbook
« on: December 09, 2019, 07:14:39 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/125926/1490427-noyan-dar-s-75-spellbook

Hi deckstats friends! I built this deck inspired by the newest Commander’s Quarters video on Talrand, but I wanted to change it up a tiny bit. Basically he deck wants to put out Noyan and/or Talrand and other friends then turn every cheap spell into another piece of a growing army. My biggest concerns are these: creature lands very vulnerable to board wipes, average mana cost just above 3 might be too high for what I want to do, and how can I shrink the budget even more. I know that I could step this up some pretty easily just by running Sol Ring, Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Isochron Scepter but I want to keep it very budget friendly. In fact, for those of you who enjoy brewing in a budget, my dream is to get it down to $50. Cutting Smothering Tithe and Aetherflux Reservoir would definitely help with that, but at what cost to performance? Anyway thanks as always for any feedback on the deck and suggestions to improve it!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:04:01 am by firebrand549 »

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Noyan Dar’s $75 Spellbook
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 10:20:21 am »
Hey man, cool deck.

I never quite got round to it, but I always liked the idea of building Noyan.

A few cards that I think could work well in this deck that are super budget friendly are:

Cascading Cataracts and Darksteel Citadel. If you're turning your lands into creatures, having the indestructible lands seem like very good targets.

Hour of Revelation and Planar Cleansing. These effects can be devastating late game, but they leave you considerably ahead if many of your lands are also creatures. You can get in some real damage before people have chance to rebuild. On a similar note, Planar Outburst seems made for this deck.

Also, Flux Channeler seems like a great fit here. You'll be casting a load of spells anyway and the proliferate triggers can make your land army huge.

And maybe something like Make a Stand and/or Unbreakable Formation as a bit of protection. Like you say, wipes can really hurt you so could be nice to have a little insurance, just in case.

I hope some of these suggestions have been helpful.

Cool deck man, I hope you have a lot of fun with it.

firebrand549

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Noyan Dar’s $65 Spellbook
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 07:06:04 am »
Thanks for the tips, some great options there. Didn’t go with both indestructible lands because even just a few dollars for a card is generally above what I’m looking to spend. The only cards in the deck that cost that much are in my ramp package because otherwise I don’t really get to play the rest of the deck :/ and even those I’d be willing to switch if I wasn’t sacrificing too much power. Anyway, managed to trim it to $65 with your help, let me know if you spot anything else!