deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Atraxa - Super Friends - Comments  (Read 1690 times)

Comment Bot

Atraxa - Super Friends - Comments
« on: December 09, 2019, 08:12:56 pm »
Atraxa - Super Friends

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

KingKia

• Decks
Re: Atraxa - Super Friends - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 08:12:56 pm »

Revision 61

Added/removed cards:
+1 Bitterblossom
-1 (SB) Woodland Cemetery

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Brought Back

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 11:21:09 pm »

Revision 62

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Oath of Gideon
+1 (Main) -1 (SB) Rings of Brighthearth

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 02:04:00 pm »

Revision 63

Added/removed cards:
+1 Toxic Deluge
-1 (SB) Opal Palace

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Damnation

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 03:59:47 pm »

Revision 64

Added/removed cards:
+1 Assassin's Trophy
-1 (SB) Farseek
-1 (SB) Jace, Vryn's Prodigy // Jace, Telepath Unbound
-1 (SB) Mirari's Wake

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Maelstrom Pulse

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 03:37:15 pm »

Revision 66

Added/removed cards:
-1 Oath of Ajani
+1 Mana Crypt

parallelbars

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 10:22:42 am »
Why not run Eerie Ultimatum over Primeval’s Glorious Rebirth? Sure, you can’t ramp into it with Mana Vault, Crypt, and Som Ring but it does bring back Doubling Season, Deepglow, card draw enchantments, and any other important non legendary permanents.

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 10:29:57 am »
Why not run Eerie Ultimatum over Primeval’s Glorious Rebirth? Sure, you can’t ramp into it with Mana Vault, Crypt, and Som Ring but it does bring back Doubling Season, Deepglow, card draw enchantments, and any other important non legendary permanents.

Hi,
I already tried to replace Primevals' Glorious Rebirth with Eerie Ultimatum but wasn't able to use it since the mana costs are too difficult to met.
Primevals' Glorious Rebirth was always better and there is no need to run both.
This decks runs 24 legendary creatures and/or planeswalkers and one of them (Atraxa) is sitting in the commandzone, so there shouldn't be a problem to cast Primevals' Glorious Rebirth if needed.

Lusunu

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 02:00:00 am »
What about Contagion Clasp/Contagion Engine? Both are excellent proliferate options

parallelbars

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2022, 09:25:51 pm »
@KingKia Thanks for the response! Makes total sense

@Lusunu I think there just isn't much proliferate synergy in this deck. That seems like a very viable way to build the deck, it just isn't what this one is trying to do. Even Tezzeret's Gambit was cut recently.

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 11:58:58 pm »
@KingKia Thanks for the response! Makes total sense

Sure you're welcome!

What about Contagion Clasp/Contagion Engine? Both are excellent proliferate options

Valid point!
Proliferate is a good way to increase counter, but in a planeswalker based deck I prefer effects like Carth the Lion, Oath of Teferi, The Chain Veil, Doubling Season, Brokers Ascendancy or Pir, Imaginative Rascal because they have more value than just "increase the counter". Using the ability an additional time, the effect of Carth or just doubling the amount of counters are better in this deck.

@Lusunu I think there just isn't much proliferate synergy in this deck. That seems like a very viable way to build the deck, it just isn't what this one is trying to do. Even Tezzeret's Gambit was cut recently.

Yes this is true. Tezzerets Gambit was an awesome card in this deck, but I think at that time, proliferate was almost the only way to increase counters, but over time there were more and better ways to increase loyalty counters and thats why I cut most of the proliferate cards.

Esper Sentinel is just the better draw engine and with Brokers Ascendancy we are able to buff our creatures and planeswalker without paying mana each time.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 12:04:10 am by KingKia »

Lusunu

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2022, 12:52:42 am »

Then why run Atraxa as your commander, if proliferation isn't what you're looking to do? I'm sure there are other commanders that synergize with planeswalkers.

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 09:35:59 am »
Then why run Atraxa as your commander, if proliferation isn't what you're looking to do? I'm sure there are other commanders that synergize with planeswalkers.

I do not fully understand the question. I said that other effects are better than proliferate but not that I don't need proliferate at all. That's why I also play Karn's bastion and Atraxa, because both of them are very good proliferate cards.

But the cards you mentioned are way weaker than the cards I listed in my answer.
For example: Contagion Engine cost 10 Mana for double proliferate in the same turn. Carth the lion costs 4 mana for a smiliar effect and is also a blocker and a card advantage and in combination with oath of teferi you can already ult some planeswalkers. This will cost you a total of 9 mana and is way better then the oldshool proliferate cards.

But I'm thinking to adding in some proliferate cards like Flux Channeler or Evolution sage since I'm trying to increase the amount of creatures in this deck to be able to block some attackers.

Iwama

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2022, 01:20:35 pm »
Just a big thanks for your work on this primer! :D
"The victory is the goal - but not the reason - of the game."

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2022, 10:34:58 am »
Just a big thanks for your work on this primer! :D

Thank you very much for these kind words!!