deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Wall Tribal with Primal Surge  (Read 307 times)

DonAzucar

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Wall Tribal with Primal Surge
« on: December 20, 2019, 06:47:34 pm »
Wall Tribal

Wall tribal featuring Arcades the Strategist. Because of Primal Surge, the deck is almost entirely permanents.

Win conditions:
 - Primal Surge to kill everyone more or less at once
 - Normal combat to kill everyone individually

Combos:
 - Axebane Guardian + untapper for infinite mana
 - Overgrown Battlement + untapper for infinite green mana
 - Wild Pair + Zendikar Resurgent to draw 2-3 cards and get two creatures off of every creature cast

Issues:
 - Pretty vulnerable to board wipes, as it's hard to give everything indestructible and has almost no graveyard recursion
 - Not a ton of draw power without having creatures out. I do have a Rhystic Study I could add.

Any suggestions? I'm especially interested in replacing the non-permanents with a permanent equivalent, or more consistent ways of finding Primal Surge.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Wall Tribal with Primal Surge
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 09:46:30 pm »
You can replace Krosan Grip with Caustic Caterpillar and Return to Dust with Seal of Cleansing. They're not perfect replacements, but you keep the instant-speed aspect. You can swap Swords to Plowshares with Lignify for a flavor win, but you'd probably want Grasp of Fate or Oko, Thief of Crowns.

Cultivate is an easy swap. Just any mana ramp will do (recommended: Wall of Roots). The boardwipes can be swapped with your choice of Nevinyrral's Disk, Cataclysmic Gearhulk, and Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite.

Also, one more thing you need to be aware of with Primal Surge. Arcade's draw trigger is not optional, so you have to draw a card for each defender creature that enters. This means you could risk loosing the game after Primal Surge resolves. To get around this, you either have to be good at counting to know when to stop, or add Jace, Wielder of Mysteries so you win the game instead of lose.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Wall Tribal with Primal Surge
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 10:43:30 pm »
I recommend adding intruder alarm for additional mana and possible infinite combos. I also would add in cloudstone curio if that is in budget for another infinite. Drift of Phantantsms provides a great permanent based tutor for Axebane Guardian and Umbral Mantle. If you don't need the tutor it has defender so it can draw you a card. I also do think you need a Jace, wielder of mysteries for the Primal Surge win.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.