deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] That's one Hel(iod) of a Life Total You've Got There  (Read 284 times)

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
That's one Hel(iod) of a Life Total You've Got There

A lifegain-themed EDH Deck centred on Heliod, Sun-Crowned and his ability to turn every creature in a deck into Ajani's Pridemate (old Heliod is a stand-in until the new version is uploaded to the site). Plan of the deck is crazy simple- get one or more repeatable sources of lifegain on the battlefield, play out a couple of creatures and let Heliod start growing them into huge beaters. We have plenty of options with regards finishing games, from Commander damage (feasible to get 1-2HKOs), going wide and building a small army, or turning a small bunch of creatures into a wall breaking force.

I'm absolutely in love with all the new Gods spoiled so far, but Heliod might actually be my favourite. Card is absolutely bonkers, and I've been meaning to build a lifegain deck for a while now, so he fits perfectly. This is my first take on the archetype, and I'm pretty happy with it, but any and all suggestions are much appreciated!

illi

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] That's one Hel(iod) of a Life Total You've Got There
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 06:45:59 am »
Just a heads up, you have the wrong Heliod. This isn't the Theros Heliod.

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 11:35:16 am »
Yeah, I know. Just had that as a stand in until the new one was available on the site!

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 11:52:46 am »
Hey man,

Might not be your thing, but thought I'd recommend that new Heliod goes infinite with Walking Ballista from one activation.

Two card infinite combos that just end the game aren't for everyone, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Cool deck though dude. Hope you have fun with it.

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 11:59:51 am »
Hey! Appreciate the comment ^^ Yeah, I know about the combo, but my playgroup is fairly casual and has a soft "no infinite" rule, otherwise would totally be in here!