deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Siona, Are you feeling Auright?  (Read 484 times)

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Siona, Are you feeling Auright?
« on: January 11, 2020, 04:56:37 pm »
Siona, Are you feeling Auright?

Siona is the next legendary creature I've decided to build around from Theros: Beyond Death, because she's absolutely RIDICULOUS. Both of her abilities are crazy strong and she enables some super cool plays (including an infinite combo with Shielded by Faith), so definitely worth giving her a whirl.

Gameplan here is ridiculously simple. We want to be playing out Siona as quickly as possible and generating as much value as we can, either by using the aforementioned Infinite combo, or by bouncing and recasting cards such as Conviction or flickering ward which make a token every cycle and (with an enchantress or two out) draw us cards.

Have never built an enchantment/aura focused deck before, so I'm far from the most experienced; but I've been having a lot of fun with this! Any and all feedback is appreciated anyway.

Paintrain22

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Siona, Are you feeling Auright?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:40:06 pm »
I would like to start by saying that this deck looks like a true force to be reckoned with, but I see 3 things that merge together to form one problem with this deck.
1: Your deck has too many lands
2: Your deck has a low average mana cost that might cause you to burn through cards too quickly.
Both of them come together to what would SEEM to cause the problem of burning through a bunch of cards to get mana for one big 2 cost spell. I would add some larger creatures or giant spells to counteract this problem. They should probably have heroic.
Paintrain22

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 08:43:04 pm »
Thanks for the comment! I see your point, think it's honestly more 'force of habit' than anything, most of my decks tend to go much higher CMC wise. Could definitely see myself switching ratios up though, will give it a go!

Paintrain22

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 08:46:01 pm »
You can find GREAT cards for this deck if you go the the "EDH suggestions" tab and then turn off lands
Paintrain22

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 09:06:53 pm »
I'd like to suggest abusing Siona's ETB trigger with cards like Strionic Resonator, Ephemerate, Conjurer's Closet, etc. I think you can take out a couple basic lands to make room for some of these if interested, as she only costs 3 mana to cast. Furthermore, all of your spells are very cheap (very low average cmc of 2.5) so you can comfortably shave a couple lands.
Depending on how much you want to play with the infinite combo, you could use more tutors like Idyllic Tutor (it's $6, but its price will likely fall once the set is printed) or Enlightened Tutor (it is ~$20, though)
Also, one major shortcoming of a lot of EDH decks I see is a lack of removal. You do have a category for removal, but because you have very few removal pieces, you won't see one consistently. I suggest having 5 cards that can deal with creatures and 5 cards for artifacts and enchantments. Cards like Generous Gift that can deal with both count for both, allowing you to conserve deck space. Here are some of my favorites (flexible, instant speed removal spells are the best)
Generous Gift
Beast Within
Swords to Plowshares
Return to Nature
Nature's Claim
Here are some options that fit more within your deck:
Oblivion Ring
Grasp of Fate
Conclave Tribunal

Temaal

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 05:54:12 pm »
Phyrexian Altar + Rancor + Siona and you can play one milion time rancor and eventully draw your entire deck.
1/ You have Siona and Phyrexian Altar on the board with Rancor attached to a token and another token.
2/ Sac the token with Rancor, Make G.
3/ Cast Rancor targeting your second token, Siona create another token ( and maybe draw a card )
4/ 1/

The Altar is also a good card apart that fits perfectly to your deck !

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 06:08:04 pm »
Thanks for the comment!! Altar is definitely a sweet card to potentially include, but the deck is aiming to be reasonably budget friendly, and it's just too expensive to justify at the moment. But again, if you have one on hand and you want to add another infinite combo to the deck, it's definitely an option!

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 10:35:32 pm »
Infinite token combo. Have Siona, Captain of the Pyleas on the field and use Shielded by Faith on any creature including Siona, create a token, place Shielded on the token, create a token, place shielded on the token, rinse and repeat. Much shorter and easier combo to accomplish with just 2 cards in play. Use stuff like open the armory and Idyllic Tutor, Heliod's Pilgrim  then you can use another token combo of Midnight Guard/Sunstrike Legionnaire with Presence of Gond to also make infinite tokens.  Champion of Lambholt for basically an unblockable army. Evolutionary Leap to sac tokens and get out the bigger and better creatures
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 02:34:28 pm »
@robort: Shielded by Faith is already in the deck, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they noticed the combo :P

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 03:49:05 pm »
LOL thanks golgari I noticed it right after I posted.
I forgot to read the important part first "(including an infinite combo with Shielded by Faith)"

But rancor is going to be used the why not use it's counterpart of Spirit Loop as well.
Then more expensive tutors mana wise to get that win condition are Auratouched Mage, Boneweaver Giant, Lost Auramancers, and Plea for Guidance.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me