deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Looking to make a grixis self sabotage deck need sugge  (Read 521 times)

Varatius

• Decks
Looking to make a grixis self sabotage deck need sugge
« on: January 09, 2020, 06:46:17 am »
So I want to build a grixis deck that uses hive mind combined with cards like one with nothing but I can't think of many cards that do something to myself that I normally wouldn't want to do was wondering if anyone can suggest cards to work with that.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Looking to make a grixis self sabotage deck need sugge
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 07:26:18 am »
Well, first of all, you should include the pacts

Pact of the Titan, Pact of Negation and Slaughter Pact. Also sun dial of the infinite.

I believe the way it works, if you have hive mind out, is as follows.

Cast One With Nothing.
Hive Mind triggers, 3 more One With Nothings get cast.
Your opponents' spells resolve.
Activate Sun Dial of the Infinite before you discard your hand. It also works with the pacts. End your turn while the lose the game trigger is on the stack.

Reins of Power might work because your spell resolves last, so you get to decide which board state you want.

Also Final Fortune, and Last Chance would make fine additions.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 10:07:02 am »
Hey,

@MustaKotka made a deck with a similar idea with Breya at the helm. It was really cool and had some neat ideas. I'd recommend taking a look at that for some inspiration.

I don't know what the etiquette for linking other peoples decks is or whatever, but you should be able to find their profile and the deck. If not, it'll be under my liked decks.

It's cool and wants to do a similar thing to what you are doing. Breya also has access to white, but Grixis should have no problem achieving a similar thing.

MustaKotka has also done a great job sorting the cards to showcase their respective role in the deck. It should be easy enough to follow so I won't repeat all of their good work here.

Good luck with the deck though. Seems like it'd be a lot of fun to play. Hope it works out for you. Let us know how it goes.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:11:27 am by CleanBelwas »

Rooker

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 01:58:37 pm »
You could also go for a self-milling deck with creature cards that have to do with the total number of cards in all graveyards.

The best option I see, though, is having a bunch of spells that drain your life to use, then throwing in 4 copies of Death's Shadow. I don't know of too many cards that damage yourself, though, besides ones with card draw, which are far too helpful to your opponents.

Also, @CleanBelwas, you should totally put in a link for the deck.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 08:08:46 pm »
Hey,

@MustaKotka made a deck with a similar idea with Breya at the helm. It was really cool and had some neat ideas. I'd recommend taking a look at that for some inspiration.

I don't know what the etiquette for linking other peoples decks is or whatever, but you should be able to find their profile and the deck. If not, it'll be under my liked decks.

It's cool and wants to do a similar thing to what you are doing. Breya also has access to white, but Grixis should have no problem achieving a similar thing.

MustaKotka has also done a great job sorting the cards to showcase their respective role in the deck. It should be easy enough to follow so I won't repeat all of their good work here.

Good luck with the deck though. Seems like it'd be a lot of fun to play. Hope it works out for you. Let us know how it goes.

Unless it's private, it should be fine if you post the deck link here. So everyone sees who build the deck and he will get the reputation of someone likes it.
That's at least what i would say about the etiquette. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 08:33:29 pm »
Good enough for me. Cheers Judaspriester.

MustaKotka's deck can be found here:

https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1467130-force-others-to-lose-breya-eth

Check it out, it's pretty sweet.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 02:55:11 am »
You featured my deck! Thank you!

It's not the most optimised deck out there but I really tried to find multiple different ways to execute the Hive Mind plan.

I have playtested it once (online, with a friend) and despite being a janky pile it did actually win through the combo. You might want to make sure people don't remove Hive Mind, though. I think that's something I haven't really taken care of.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Rooker

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 03:11:20 pm »
I just realized that Niv-Magus Mage can save yourself from any bad spell and turn it into a beefy creature. I'd definitely use him.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 04:44:04 pm »
I just realized that Niv-Magus Mage can save yourself from any bad spell and turn it into a beefy creature. I'd definitely use him.
Borrowing that. Thank-youuu!

Rooker

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 07:46:03 pm »
Found another sweeeeeeeet card that is uncounterable and works better than Hive Mind: Sudden Substitution. There is also Tale's End as a good way to counter the "You lose the game" ability.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 10:35:17 pm »
Found another sweeeeeeeet card that is uncounterable and works better than Hive Mind: Sudden Substitution. There is also Tale's End as a good way to counter the "You lose the game" ability.
That's good and all but it only hits one opponent. I suppose these decks should take all they can?

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 04:30:28 am »
My favorite effect like this is and always will be giving someone Phage the Untouchable with Endless Whispers.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.