deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Marwyn, Budget Ramp - Comments  (Read 221 times)

Comment Bot

Marwyn, Budget Ramp - Comments
« on: January 15, 2020, 11:07:35 pm »
Marwyn, Budget Ramp

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Paintrain22

• Decks
Re: Marwyn, Budget Ramp - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 11:07:35 pm »
staff of the wild magus or wurm's tooth might be good options for a passive life gain, they might not give much, but left on the battlefeild the "gain 1 life"s really start to stack up.
Paintrain22

Paintrain22

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 11:43:51 pm »
I would shave off 2 forests and swap Fyndhorn Elves with skyshroud troopers, that will give you a very small ammount of financial wiggle room. Good luck on finishing the deck! (sorry I am doing more than 1 comment, I just fully looked at the decklist because I saw all the cards in the maybe board)
Paintrain22

Paintrain22

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 11:51:48 pm »
I meant to write Boreal Druid. You should swap Boreal Druid with Skyshroud troopers to give you a very small ammount of financial wiggle room. You could also swap it with Fyndhorn Elder. If you have an extra 0.10$ left you should consider the small change of swapping a forest for the gingerbread cabin. (sorry for 3 commenta. I promise I'm done)
Paintrain22

DerLhurgoyf

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 03:00:21 pm »
Hi, thanks for your comments. I design all my budget decks for our local $100 budget commander league which has been a blast so far. I tried Marwyn as a variant of Kamahl, Druid tribal which does have some boardwipe protection, but is slower. Marwyn on the other hand is a glass cannon as she can combo off by turn 5 but it takes a lot to rebuild her if she gets removed and if I don't draw into my mana sinks she just sits there. So i'm trying to wage off between those two as they essentially share most of the cards. So far I'm more inclined towards Kamahl, as I can focus the rest of the deck on (almost) pure ramp.