deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Korvold budget sacrifice  (Read 447 times)

Mihkel

• Decks

Rinzler

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Korvold budget sacrifice
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 10:43:07 pm »
Do you have a specific issue you need help with?  This is a pretty solid deck. Just some card recommendations, I have a budget Korvold deck too, and I use animation module + ashnod's altar to draw the win cons in the deck.  Soul's fire is another good option for dealing damage without attacking, and thermopod is a cheap sacrifice outlet, though it has a rather high cmc.  From your sideboard, I would definitely include the viscera seer, as it sacrifices and it filter which cards you want before you draw.  Other cards that work well in your sideboard are seal of primordium and reassembling skeleton, which is helpful if you are running out of creatures to sacrifice.  Since you have world shaper, maybe a squandered resources would work, but its kinda off budget.  If I think of anything later, I'll say.

Here's my deck:  https://deckstats.net/decks/146412/1496580-korvold-sacrifice

Mihkel

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 11:53:05 am »
Hi, thanks a lot for review! I hadn't any certain issue in mind, but were looking for advice and recommendations, just as you did. I'll definetly add Animation Module, Soul's fire and Viscera seer to my deck. Btw, how good is Altar of Dementia in the deck and how have you used it? I had it initially in, but couldn't think of really good ways to use it other than just being sac enabler.

Spinsane

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 02:29:27 pm »
Here’s one more suggestion that isn’t too expensive and works amazingly with Korvold: Words of Wilding. If you can manage to get that puppy out alongside a mana generating sac outlet (Ashnod’s or Phyrexian Altar, or Thermopod) you can instantly pump Korvold as much as you want to... If you have a Blood Artist, Zulaport Cutthroat or similar out, you’ve pretty much won unless some opponent has an instant answer...

Rinzler

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 04:18:44 pm »
Altar of dementia is just helpful as a sac outlet, and it mills your opponent for a bit.  Its kinda your choice if you want it in or not, but another outlet helps.

Mihkel

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 09:34:00 am »

Revision 72

Added/removed cards:
-1 Psychosis Crawler
+1 Mob Rule

Mihkel

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 01:51:42 pm »