English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

Commander Nights

(1/3) > >>

Morganator 2.0:
Source here: https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/scheduling-opens-next-week-commander-nights

Between April 27th and June 18th, there will be a new event for Commander players. You'll be placed in pods of 3 to 5 people, and will aim to accomplish achievements to earn points. Points earn you promo packs.

What do you have to say about this? Does an achievement-based game of Commander interest you?

Xaarvaxus:
Restrictions that call for unique and interesting deck building generally catch my attention but in looking at some of the achievements listed for the first league, I think a couple of my decks can hit almost half of the list without the need for any modification.  So... right idea maybe but not the best execution? 

Red_Wyrm:
It looks like they're trying to put a competitive spin on casual commander, which I think would be a disaster because a competitive competition with prizes is going to have all the tier 1 cEDH level decks that can win as early as turn 1, but it this achievement think kind of solves that problem. I mean these achievements, well most of them, require the deck to be built around them or built with them in mind. I think it's a great idea and a good way to get people out to their LGS. I know plenty of people, myself included, don't play at an LGS and this will be great to go and meet new players and expand our pod.

WWolfe:
I can see where it’ll be a draw to some. I’ve played in a few events like this and they were sort of fun.

terminalgeek:
Personally, I like the idea of achievements and this possibly being a way to give shops credit for running EDH events. I enjoy brewing new decks but I know some folks prefer to go all in on just one deck and so deck-building based achievements won't be as appealing. Still, I think it's a good way to keep it casual... though it does make me wonder if Back to Nature will see play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version