English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

Commander Nights

<< < (3/3)

Red_Wyrm:
Oh we love you Morganator, but I do agree with mr Golgari, despite the fact that I dont agree Golgari is for the win.

You're sucking the fun out of it. This is a casual commander event with some competitiveness. You are trying to break it, like cEDH players try to break/solve the format. I doubt this will be a huge problem, but it will most definitely be a problem and I think LGSs will need a way to remedy this, but if someone wants to sit in a 3 hour game for a promo pack, go for it. They've kind of earned it at that point through sheer endurance.

Hmm maybe another requirement could be you need to win the game to get the points. Then youd need to convince 3 other people to sit through 4 games doing that, which I just cant see happening.

WWolfe:
People already bring decks of unequal power levels to their LGS's now. Granted that's just for casual games but it's not like it's not already a thing, if you enter a 'competition' style event with prize support you should expect the decks to be a little more powerful or geared towards getting the achievements.

There's an LGS about an hour from me that a couple of friends and I go to one Sunday a month when they have EDH events sort of like this with prize support and of course a lot of the decks are more powerful than the decks they normally play at that shop on other days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version