deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

How many people play cEDH?

I do
10 (32.3%)
I don't
21 (67.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: February 09, 2020, 04:14:27 pm

Author Topic: How many people play cEDH?  (Read 1593 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
How many people play cEDH?
« on: February 02, 2020, 04:14:27 pm »
Since the other topic is so hot, I thought a poll to show how many people played cEDH would be interesting to see.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: How many people play cEDH?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 07:05:54 pm »
I wonder who the two people that play cEDH are...

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 07:08:15 pm »
I wonder who the two people that play cEDH are...
You and Soren lol.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 07:18:05 pm »
Perhaps we should also do a similar poll. Who is interested in what goes on in the cEDH community? Or something like that. It seems like more than just the cEDH players want the cEDH players to be happy.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 07:27:51 pm »
Red_Wyrm that's a good shout.

I've proxied in a couple of decks with some buddies but there isn't much of a local scene or appetite for it where I live.

However, I do find it interesting and I consume a fair amount of content on it and keep relatively up to date with it's comings and goings.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 07:55:56 pm »
That's exactly how I am. I've proxied a flash hulk deck, forgive me everyone, and I want to build Yisan, food chain and Inalla with the spellseeker combo, but no one wants to play cEDH. Although my friend is building a the first sliver food chain deck. We'll see how that goes. And then I have a borderline cEDH Urza deck and my friend has again border line cEDH Najeela. Ths think pushing us further to cEDH is the desire to win, but my friends have made it a point to say they don't want to play cEDH.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 11:40:48 pm »
However, I do find it interesting and I consume a fair amount of content on it and keep relatively up to date with it's comings and goings.
It seems I am in a very similar boat to several other people. I'm not really interested in playing myself, though, because it feels like it gets tiring quickly. I proxied a Yisan deck as a test to see if it would be fun, and winning using the same combo just got rlly boring. If I built any deck, it would have to be creature-based, of which most are bad in cEDH. Even Marwyn storm isn't top tier, and that's probably the most interesting cEDH deck for me. Maybe Alesha stax, I dunno. Stax is on the downswing in popularity/power level right now, right?

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 11:56:55 pm »
I have a full Momir Vig Hackball list in paper, but I've currently reverted it to an Ezuri Elfball list. It's still really strong, but it doesn't have the interactive power or stax package, so most people are happier playing against it. I'd like to play more cedh, but even just edh is hard to come by for the moment.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 01:09:36 am »
You're running sage of hours, right?

Relax everyone. It's a joke.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 02:18:13 am »
Winning the same way is certainly boring. What spices it up is when people have interaction and stax effects. You know you can combo on turn 4, but you don't know if you'll succeed. Baiting counterspells is a challenge. Working around stax can be a puzzle to solve. And then you also need to make sure you can stop others from winning too.

I prefer to play disruptive decks. I like having to stop others from winning first, and then I go for my own win.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 02:41:37 am »
I'll probably see how the whole Flash debacle pans out and then watch a few Lab Man games on youtube. Right now, it seems that games either are over T1/2 or they go on for forever, with stax, counterspells, etc. preventing anyone from doing anything. If that changes, I'll consider finding a playgroup (probably online, tho) and might start building more competitive decks. I'll never be able to afford absolute optimized decks, as my budget can't afford Mana Crypt, etc. (even cheaper decks like Yisan will still like these $100+ cards)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 04:05:00 am »
I've made an intro to cEDH thread that got stickied by a previous moderator. It goes into detail about getting into competitive commander.

One thing I would recommend as a stepping stone is to use decks that are just really high powered. Tier 3 commanders are great for this. You can build a deck that is a combo deck, or is disruptive, but falls just short of greatness. You'll get a better understanding of threat assessment, stax effects, and combos, without going all-out immediately. Here are some that I would recommend.

Combo: Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons. Teysa, Orzhov Scion. Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow

Control: Azami, Lady of Scrolls. Damia, Sage of Stone.

Stax: Captain Sisay. Daretti, Scrap Savant. Ruric Thar, the Unbowed.

Midrange: Ezuri, Renegade Leader. Grand Warlord Radha.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 06:14:08 am »
I'll probably see how the whole Flash debacle pans out and then watch a few Lab Man games on youtube. Right now, it seems that games either are over T1/2 or they go on for forever, with stax, counterspells, etc. preventing anyone from doing anything. If that changes, I'll consider finding a playgroup (probably online, tho) and might start building more competitive decks. I'll never be able to afford absolute optimized decks, as my budget can't afford Mana Crypt, etc. (even cheaper decks like Yisan will still like these $100+ cards)

Ohhhhh! Can I be part of the online playgroup? Since we are both poor college students, can we allow proxies? That gets rid of our budget problem.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 06:35:11 am »
Just use something like untap.in. (I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by posting another site) It lets you use a virtual deck with any card in magic and play with a UI that's only slightly worse than clunky.

It tends to be how I play with my brothers / playtest.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 03:58:57 pm »
Just use something like untap.in. (I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by posting another site)
I may or may not use that website but didn't want to post for the same reasons. It's a pretty clean platform, it imports well from deckstats, (except for sideboards, but we play EDH, the chad format, so it doesn't matter :P) and the community is small but active, like here. <3
Red_Wyrm, I would welcome you making an account. There's a bit of a cEDH presence. I can't say how much I'll be able to play, as most of my time spent on there is goldfishing and chatting with others, but I see the occasional cEDH game go up.

Ohhhhh! Can I be part of the online playgroup? Since we are both poor college students, can we allow proxies? That gets rid of our budget problem.
Haha inferior being, I am a poor high school student! Untap.in doesn't have any costs, and you can put whatever cards are legal in your format in your deck, so it is a nice way to take out the budget part of the problem.