deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

Who is your favorite Paneswalker?

Liliana of the Dark Realms
Liliana of the Veil
Liliana Vess
Sorin Markov
Karn Liberated
Ajani Vengeant
Domri Rade
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Ral Zarek
Sarkhan the Mad
Sarkhan Vol
Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
Venser, the Sojourner
Vraska the Unseen
Garruk Relentless
Garruk Wildspeaker
Garruk, Primal Hunter
Nissa Revane
Chandra Ablaze
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra, the Firebrand
Koth of the Hammer
Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded
Jace Beleren
Jace, Architect of Thought
Jace, Memory Adept
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
Tezzeret the Seeker
Ajani Goldmane
Ajani, Caller of the Pride
Elspeth Tirel
Elspeth, Knight-Errant
Gideon Jura
Gideon, Champion of Justice

Author Topic: Who's your favorite Paneswalker of all time?  (Read 3474 times)

swebyson

• Decks
Who's your favorite Paneswalker of all time?
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:41:25 am »
Title says it all.
I'd pick Tamiyo the Moon Sage because I like to mess with my opponents mana base :D

loketoto

• Decks
Re: Who's your favorite Paneswalker of all time?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 04:43:01 am »
I personally have to pick karn liberated nothing beats restarting the game with cards you took from your opponents

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 04:50:05 am »
I chose Sorin, Lord of Innistrad.  Without planeswalker removal, he can be a beast. By generating 1/1 lifelinkers he does a very good job protecting himself (and in W/B, you should have plenty of cards to help with that,) and giving all your guys +1/+0 every third turn can generate massive amounts inevitability.  And he's reasonably costed at 4 mana.

I also love Elspeth, but more for her art, lore and ultimate than her real world usability.

Don't underestimate the card advantage machine that's Jace Beleren either.  I think he's undervalued and at $8, a real steal.

And since I apparently love Planeswalkers soooooo much, I can't stop!  Liliana of the Veil is an immense powerhouse in any tight format, (such as Modern.) When you're running in a format like that where every land drop, creature and response matters so much, repeatable saccing and discard is often just too much to handle.  I have more of a hate than a love relationship with her (mostly since I don't have her, so I'm always on the receiving end of that bargain.)

swebyson

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 04:30:51 pm »
I chose Sorin, Lord of Innistrad.  Without planeswalker removal, he can be a beast. By generating 1/1 lifelinkers he does a very good job protecting himself (and in W/B, you should have plenty of cards to help with that,) and giving all your guys +1/+0 every third turn can generate massive amounts inevitability.  And he's reasonably costed at 4 mana.

I also love Elspeth, but more for her art, lore and ultimate than her real world usability.

Don't underestimate the card advantage machine that's Jace Beleren either.  I think he's undervalued and at $8, a real steal.

And since I apparently love Planeswalkers soooooo much, I can't stop!  Liliana of the Veil is an immense powerhouse in any tight format, (such as Modern.) When you're running in a format like that where every land drop, creature and response matters so much, repeatable saccing and discard is often just too much to handle.  I have more of a hate than a love relationship with her (mostly since I don't have her, so I'm always on the receiving end of that bargain.)

I was going to buy the little Jace and add him in a deck with Sun Titan, could be fun. :)

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 09:30:21 pm »
I was going to buy the little Jace and add him in a deck with Sun Titan, could be fun. :)

I love it! That's beautiful synergy.  Enough loyalty for 3 one-sided draws each time, with recursion versus a dreadbore as well!

BudgetHunter

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 12:59:00 am »
Ahh... I love Tezzeret. Although Sarkhan the Mad was my first planeswalker, I appreciate Tezzeret more.

Vorosh2

• "Sin descanso. Sin piedad. No importa lo que pase.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 07:25:02 am »
Jace in all his versions is the most powerful planeswalker!!
"Ach! Hans, Corre! Es el Lhurgoyf!"  Saffi Eriksdotter, Ultimas Palabras.

AlKorKrus

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 08:21:42 am »
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
I love how he plays like a sadistic mastermind.
+3: Destroy target noncreature permanent. = Taking out your opponents resources.
-2: Gain control of target creature. = Turning their allies against them.
-9: Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker deals 7 damage to target player. That player discards seven cards, then sacrifices seven permanents. = Killing them when they are no longer a threat because they dared to stand against him.

blurmcclure18

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 11:09:34 pm »
Its gotta be tezzeret. I love artifacts and just how annoying they can be scars was the block I started in and tezzeret was my first planeswalker after reading the book test of metal it was a done deal lol

jpomdaniel

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 06:21:09 am »
vraska the unseen. for the effect -7 "create a creature token that says "whenever this token deals combat damage to a player, you win the game" mind blown. never gotten a chance to get this far with it, but i am sure it has happened.

Eldraziman

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 07:41:50 am »
i had to go with nissa revane because i utilize her in my classic tribal elf deck and when i use her final ability it's, well, elf Armageddon haha

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 11:12:01 pm »
i had to go with nissa revane because i utilize her in my classic tribal elf deck and when i use her final ability it's, well, elf Armageddon haha

I really like Nissa from a design perspective.  She's very powerful in the right deck, but not an auto-include in any deck that can play her.  We need more planeswalkers like this.

Guttermancer

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 12:17:38 pm »
I'm p new to Magic(just started in RtR), so out if the few U'm familiar with, Ral Zarek is probably my fav.  His +1 can either give you an extra mana or give a creature another use.  -2 is a quality burn, and his -7 is fun. Just fun.

I also really like Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver.  I watched my friend turn a sliver deck completely on it's head with this one.  She can be beastly if you manage to grab the right cards.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 09:07:37 pm »
I'm the oddball vote for Venser. But that's probably most solely on the EDH deck I have him in, the way it's built his abilities are slightly OP.
This space for rent.