deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: New Deckbuilding Contest Starting Today!  (Gelesen 1800 mal)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
New Deckbuilding Contest Starting Today!
« am: Februar 11, 2020, 06:57:37 Nachmittag »
It's time for another deckbuilding challenge!

Rules are simple. For this competition, you must build a deck around the sample achievements given in Wizards' announcement of Commander Nights.  While not the official list of achievements for the events, it works as a baseline for this competition.

As a reminder, here's what the sample achievements were:

1. Control a permanent with 3 or more auras attached to it.
2. Control 10 or more enchantments.
3. Have 3 or more of your Constellation abilities trigger at the same time.
4. Control an enchantment creature with an enchantment attached to it and an enchantment attached to that enchantment.
5. Have 25 or more devotion to a single color.
6. Have 4 or more cards escape your graveyard in a single turn.
7. Control a Demigod and God of the same color.
8. Control 3 or more Sagas.
9. Target a creature you control with 4 or more spells in one turn.
10. Have 30 or more or more creature cards in your graveyard.
11. Win a game of Commander.
12. Control 3 or more permanents with ‘Temple’ in the name.
13. Have an effect you control cause an opponent’s God to leave the battlefield.
14. Generate 25 or more mana on a single turn.

Another important detail; the decks should be built on the assumption that the decks you'll be playing up against will also be trying to get as many of the achievements as possible.
I will be judging the decks this time and looking at the following:

Effectiveness: How likely are you to accomplish all, or the majority of the sample achievements.
Creativity: Show me a cool way some may not think of to accomplish some of the achievements.
Legality: Make sure your plans to get the achievements work and are within the rules (for example, Doom Blading an indestructible God would not work).

You are allowed a 500 word description for your deck to explain how to play it and what the decks plan for reaching the achievements are. Once you have submitted the decklist, you are not allowed to edit it. This contest will run until February 25. Once the competition close date comes, I'll spend around a week digesting the decks. There will be a reward of Karma for the top three placers but the amount has yet to be determined.
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: New Deckbuilding Contest Starting Today!
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 11, 2020, 11:04:09 Nachmittag »
Bumping this so it doesn't get lost in all the moved topics.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Februar 13, 2020, 12:09:54 Vormittag »
This is the most fun I've had deck-building in a while. It's a challenge to make a deck that can even do most of these.

I really want to see what other people can come up with, so get those submissions in.

MisterDalek

• Waiting for gary in standard
  • Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 13, 2020, 01:09:08 Vormittag »
Revision 2

I Just kind of wanted to make a deck that can complete every achievement by itself without going more than two-colour. (It can technically be done in mono-white, but no other mono-colour)

This deck can complete every achievement.

The hope is that you can draw through your deck and then complete all the achievements once your deck is in your hand.
« Letzte Änderung: Februar 16, 2020, 07:13:27 Nachmittag von MisterDalek »
I play black decks.

That's about it.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Februar 16, 2020, 03:50:14 Nachmittag »
https://deckstats.net/decks/82803/1551648-kenrith-super-hug

Do you know what my second favorite thing about Deckstats is? The decks.

The goal of this deck is to ensure that everyone gets at least 13 out of 14 achievements. Hence why it's called super hug. It does so in four stages.

Stage 1: Social game

When I sit down at the table, I tell everyone that I plan on getting them all of their achievements. I'll read out this description if I have to. If they let me do my combo, we all get a promo pack. That'll convince them.

Stage 2: Infinite mana

Now that no one will interrupt my gameplan, I can go for the combo. There are several different routes.

Barrin, Master Wizard/Deadeye Navigator/Temur Sabertooth + Dockside Extortionist/Palinchron/Peregrine Drake
Phantasmal Image + Palinchron

With infinite mana, I can use Kenrith's fourth ability to draw as many cards as I want. Note that it says "Target player". That's important later. For now, I just use it to draw my entire deck.

Stage 3: Play literally everyone's library

Praetor's Grasp, Elixir of Immortality, and Kenrith's draw ability let's me exile and then cast everyone's library, which get's me 13 out of the 14 achievements. Azusa paired with Deadeye Navigator also let's me play all their lands, because why not? Here's how I get each achievement.

1. Cast 3 auras from opponents to get this achievement.
2. Cast 10 enchantments from opponents.
3. Cast 3 constellation cards from opponents.
4. Cast auras from opponents.
5. I'll probably have 25 devotion to every color.
6. Escape Glimpse of Freedom 4 times. Pull From Eternity incorporated into the Praetor's Grasp loop will put the exiled cards back in my library.
7. I'll steal everyone's Gods/ Demigods, and then give them back with Homeward Path so my opponents get this achievement too.
8. Cast 3 sagas from my opponents.
9. Cast 4 auras on one creature to get this.
10. Using Barrin, Master Wizard, I'll sacrifice 30 creatures into my graveyard.
11. Once everyone has 13 achievements, I'll use Kenrith's draw ability to force all my opponent's to lose.
12. I have Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers, Temple Bell, and Temple Garden. I refuse to use lands that enter tapped.
13. Using Chain of Vapor after Homeward path, everyone can get this achievement at the same time.
14. Infinite mana is at least 25 mana.

Stage 4: Cleaning up
I use Homeward Path and Barrin, Master Wizard to give all cards back to my opponents. Then I use Time Spiral to put all cards in their graveyard back in their deck. On their turns, I can use Kenrith's draw effect to help everyone out so they can get 13 achievements.

Everybody in the pod will walk away with 13 achievements, so they'll just need to get 1 more achievement from another game to get a foil promo pack. That's how you do group hug.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: Februar 16, 2020, 06:34:44 Nachmittag »
https://deckstats.net/decks/82803/1551648-kenrith-super-hug

Maybe we should rename the site Statdecks so it follows your order of favoritism.

Kenrith with Praetor's Grasp included was something that I was considering for my own submission but I obviously didn't take the idea far enough as I was thinking that getting to the 25 devotion would be too much of a challenge with a 5 color commander.  Grasp was only there in my mind to help shore up getting enough escape, etc. if I couldn't draw into my own, not there to steal every opponents' entire deck.  Of course, now that I look back on what I've drafted so far, I can see that I forgot to include Praetor's Grasp as I meant [as well as Flickerwisp] as Grasp is useful to poach something to complete an achievement.

Kudos on this build.  Already upvoted and I'm thinking it should rank pretty highly once WWolfe gets to judging the submissions.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Antwort #6 am: Februar 17, 2020, 05:04:54 Vormittag »
NO FAIR MORGANATOR!!!! That is way more than 500 words. Your honor, judge Wwolfe, I move to immediately have him disqualified from the competition.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Antwort #7 am: Februar 17, 2020, 05:11:25 Vormittag »
Actually.  It is only 470 words.  Within the 500 word limit.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #8 am: Februar 17, 2020, 06:35:35 Vormittag »
The original description was longer than 500 words, so I had to trim it down. That's also why it seems sporadic at times.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #9 am: Februar 21, 2020, 07:21:51 Nachmittag »
Just a reminder, deadline for submissions is coming up quickly. Don’t forget to get yours in!
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #10 am: Februar 24, 2020, 04:51:45 Nachmittag »
Just a reminder, deadline for submissions is tomorrow at Midnight ET.
This space for rent.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Antwort #11 am: Februar 25, 2020, 03:06:46 Vormittag »
https://deckstats.net/decks/127587/1555440-commander-nights-5-color

Using Golos to have access to all 5 colors as well as not needing to worry about what mana you hit first so you can get him out asap and pull out lands needed for specific achievements.

Quick rundown of how the deck can hit each achievement:

1- Get Curator's Ward + Rancor + mask token from Estrid, the Masked onto a creature.
2- 14 enchantments plus 11 more enchantment creatures should be enough to get 10 into play.  When in doubt, Estrid can make more.
3- 6 creatures with constellation included.  If you keep losing them to removal, hopefully casting Replenish or Rise of the Dark Realms will put enough constellation into play with enchantment creatures to trigger 3.
4- Estrid, the Masked tokens attach to any permanent so can complete the 'enchantment attached to an enchantment' part.
5- Just enough blue pips in the deck to complete this but see steal/copy below.  There's a decent amount of green and white included if that is what opponents have available for you to take.
6 -Underworld Breach is the enabler of choice.  There is enough mill in the deck to fuel casting 4 spells of your choice in one turn.
7- Callaphe, Beloved of the Sea plus either Thassa.  I'd wait to cast during the same turn as there is little backup here though Kenrith or Witness can get one or both back.
8- Elspeth Conquers Death, The Binding of the Titans and The Eldest Reborn are in the list, steal and/or copy available as well.
9- Rancor + Auratog, keep saccing the Rancor to the 'tog and recasting.
10- 30 creatures + Dryad Arbor and commander to bin with Phenax who gets sacced to Phyrexian Altar if needed.  Archon of Sun's Grace making a lot of token pegasi with Gaea's Cradle to fuel emptying your deck with Survival of the Fittest may work as well.
11- Could be the hardest to achieve, LOL!  Pumped up Auratog made unblockable with original Thassa could do the trick or death by milling with Phenax.
12- Deserted Temple + Temple Garden + Temple of Enlightenment + Temple of Plenty.  Blink Golos with Eldrazi Displacer to fetch as needed.
13- Cyclonic Rift, Elspeth Conquers Death [if CMC in range], Flickerwisp, Eldrazi Displacer or Swords to Plowshares [maybe] can tag this.
14- Get 2 uses of Serra's Sanctum or Gaea's Cradle with Deserted TempleMirari's Wake doubling your mana while fetching out a ton of lands with Golos will get you there too.

Steal/copy: Mind's Dilation will randomly steal you some pieces while Praetor's Grasp can grab specific things.  Mirage Mirror, Clever Impersonator and Phyrexian Metamorph can copy something needed at the right time.

Really tough to fit everything in!

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #12 am: Februar 26, 2020, 03:18:31 Nachmittag »
Closed for submissions. Will have placements announced by Friday!
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #13 am: Februar 28, 2020, 02:43:14 Nachmittag »
And here's the official judgement:

Third place: Mister Dalek and winner of 5 karma points!
Love that you were able to do it in two colors! However I worry that the limitations of two colors may hurt the decks ability to achieve having an opponent's God to leave the battlefield. Unless I missed it I only see one way of doing so and that's limited to the God being turned on as a creature at the time.

Second place: Xaarvaxus and winner of 7 karma points!
The one with perhaps the most linear path to complete all 14 achievements in one game.  Loses a little off the top with the dependency on Estrid. Estrid is a great card for this concept but exiling one piece can cost you tremendously. One card is the difference between this deck and first place to me.

First place: Morganator 2.0 and winner of 10 karma points!
The one card difference to me between this and Xaarvaus' deck is one card, Riftsweeper. It gives a way to recover from exile cards that are key to the decks plan. Love the idea of making sure the entire table can achieve 13 of the 14 achievements in one game by drawing EVERYONE's deck while also being able to complete all 14 achievements itself. Deck appears to be the one that would be the most fun to pilot.

This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #14 am: Februar 28, 2020, 06:59:24 Nachmittag »
I can't help but feel that this joke deserved more recognition.