deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: I found a combo involving Teferi's Isle  (Leído 681 veces)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
I found a combo involving Teferi's Isle
« en: Febrero 12, 2020, 02:07:20 pm »
Ok, so I love Teferi's Isle because it's old, phases and the art is beautiful. And here's a combo where it can shine and do thing most lands cannot. We need three pieces for the combo:

Here's how it goes down: tap {mana source} for UU(x). Use one U to untap the {untapper creature} using the {aura}. Now tap {untapper creature} to untap {mana source}. You still have one U left over from the loop that you can either use to generate infinite mana or feed back into the combo to untap anything you wish. This could be another land producing another colour or a rock that produces another colour. Or use Mangara of Corondor arbitrarily many times to exile the entire board. Or you could draw your entire library with Azami, Lady of Scrolls and cast Thassa's Oracle. You get the idea.

Anyway the bottom line is that I've found a use case for Teferi's Isle and I'm so proud of the fact that I decided to share the idea with the world. I hope you've enjoyed this jank.
« Última modificación: Febrero 12, 2020, 02:34:24 pm por MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: I found a combo involving Teferi's Isle
« Respuesta #1 en: Febrero 12, 2020, 02:19:18 pm »
Ok, so I love Teferi's Isle because it's old, phases and the art is beautiful.

I was already sold by the time I got here, but I'm a big lover of jank too.

Pemmin's Aura and Freed from the Real are classic combo cards (I'm looking at you Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle, Oasis Ritualist, Krosan Restorer) but this in mono blue is very nice.

Also worth noting if you use Firemind Vessel, you can add infinite mana of every colour except blue, which I think ranks pretty highly on the fun jank scale.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Febrero 12, 2020, 05:02:45 pm »
This is really similar to a combo I run in Ezuri. Argothian Elder + Wirewood Lodge + big land (Gaea's Cradle, enchanted land, nykthos, etc...). Always a fun time.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Febrero 12, 2020, 08:41:38 pm »
I'm glad you guys don't 'see a problem' with the combo. Shared the story with Reddit and all they saw was "yeah but XYZ is better" and "there's a problem". They just don't seem to appreciate wild jank.  >:(

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Febrero 12, 2020, 08:45:54 pm »
I'm glad you guys don't 'see a problem' with the combo. Shared the story with Reddit and all they saw was "yeah but XYZ is better" and "there's a problem". They just don't seem to appreciate wild jank.  >:(

Haha yea dude. This combo isn't the most efficient way to do this, but who gives a shit right? We're talking about finding uses for cards that we love even though they are objectively "bad".

That's what jank is all about. Some people just don't appreciate it like we do.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Febrero 12, 2020, 10:05:01 pm »
All Hail the Jank!

My current hot pile is Experiment Kraj + Gilder Bairn (with a +1/+1 counter) + Krosan Restorer  (with a +1/+1 counter) + 3 lands that collectively tap for 4+ mana (optional Biomancer's Familiar). Let's Kraj make infinite mana, then use that mana to make a bunch of huge creatures with Kraj's normal tap ability. Then almost anything let's you win

Soy_Perfecto

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Febrero 12, 2020, 10:24:28 pm »
Have you made a deck for that combo?

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Febrero 12, 2020, 11:10:41 pm »
Have you made a deck for that combo?
Funny that you should ask. Everyone else here on the forums has seen this because I keep posting it everywhere in hopes of ideas and comments but here goes another time. Sorry for the bloated maybeboard. EDIT: It bothered me so much that I removed the entire maybeboard. Not like I'm going to add back any of those discarded ideas.
https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1407793-five-ways-to-leave-your-lover-/en
« Última modificación: Febrero 12, 2020, 11:16:22 pm por MustaKotka »

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Febrero 15, 2020, 12:53:53 am »
Personally I like Reality Ripple because it's one of the few cards that can protect an imprint combo (such as Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter).