English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

I found a combo involving Teferi's Isle

(1/2) > >>

Aetherium Slinky:
Ok, so I love Teferi's Isle because it's old, phases and the art is beautiful. And here's a combo where it can shine and do thing most lands cannot. We need three pieces for the combo:

* A multi-untapping {aura}. There are two options for this: Pemmin's Aura and Freed from the Real. Crab Umbra and Umbral Mantle are too expensive to use.
* A creature that can untap i.e. an {untapper creature}. For example: Aphetto Alchemist, Vizier of Tumbling Sands, Fatestitcher or Tidewater Minion.
* A target {mana source} for untaps. This target must produce at least UU: Gilded Lotus, Astral Cornucopia with two counters, Khalni Gem, Lotus Vale, Lotus Field, Teferi's Isle. Bounce lands, Soldevi Excavations and Firemind Vessel (thanks CleanBelwas!) do work but only for the purposes of creating infinite non-blue mana.
Here's how it goes down: tap {mana source} for UU(x). Use one U to untap the {untapper creature} using the {aura}. Now tap {untapper creature} to untap {mana source}. You still have one U left over from the loop that you can either use to generate infinite mana or feed back into the combo to untap anything you wish. This could be another land producing another colour or a rock that produces another colour. Or use Mangara of Corondor arbitrarily many times to exile the entire board. Or you could draw your entire library with Azami, Lady of Scrolls and cast Thassa's Oracle. You get the idea.

Anyway the bottom line is that I've found a use case for Teferi's Isle and I'm so proud of the fact that I decided to share the idea with the world. I hope you've enjoyed this jank.

CleanBelwas:

--- Quote from: MustaKotka on February 12, 2020, 02:07:20 pm ---Ok, so I love Teferi's Isle because it's old, phases and the art is beautiful.

--- End quote ---

I was already sold by the time I got here, but I'm a big lover of jank too.

Pemmin's Aura and Freed from the Real are classic combo cards (I'm looking at you Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle, Oasis Ritualist, Krosan Restorer) but this in mono blue is very nice.

Also worth noting if you use Firemind Vessel, you can add infinite mana of every colour except blue, which I think ranks pretty highly on the fun jank scale.

Slyvester12:
This is really similar to a combo I run in Ezuri. Argothian Elder + Wirewood Lodge + big land (Gaea's Cradle, enchanted land, nykthos, etc...). Always a fun time.

Aetherium Slinky:
I'm glad you guys don't 'see a problem' with the combo. Shared the story with Reddit and all they saw was "yeah but XYZ is better" and "there's a problem". They just don't seem to appreciate wild jank.  >:(

CleanBelwas:

--- Quote from: MustaKotka on February 12, 2020, 08:41:38 pm ---I'm glad you guys don't 'see a problem' with the combo. Shared the story with Reddit and all they saw was "yeah but XYZ is better" and "there's a problem". They just don't seem to appreciate wild jank.  >:(

--- End quote ---

Haha yea dude. This combo isn't the most efficient way to do this, but who gives a shit right? We're talking about finding uses for cards that we love even though they are objectively "bad".

That's what jank is all about. Some people just don't appreciate it like we do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version