deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Tasigur Control Scepter Hulk budgetish cedh  (Read 709 times)

Twicebakedato

• Decks
Tasigur Control Scepter Hulk budgetish cedh
« on: February 13, 2020, 06:58:59 am »
Tasigur Control Scepter Hulk budgetish cedh

Sultai Control Combo Budgetish cEDHish

Instant speed, reactive game plan which tries to win through scepter into beast within/ reality shift loops or Oracle. Alternatively, Flash Hulk can get to an Oracle win. Lastly, Oracle can be played as its own independent combo.

Decided to use Tasigur over Thrasios for the sole reason that going of instant speed through Whir of Invention or Flash becomes alot cleaner with Tasigurs ability. I could not finding a way to get beast within/ reality shift to loop at instant speed with Thrasios.

Any, just working on Sultai cedhish builds.

Main restriction is few cards in the $50-100 range, no cards over $150. Eventually nab mana crypt, you know how it is.

All suggestions welcome.

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Tasigur Control Scepter Hulk budgetish cedh
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 08:16:06 am »
Some of your cards are in the wrong categories. You have Gitaxian Probe in counters and Mental Misstep in tutors.

Now, if you're going for control, you almost definitely need more answers. I wouldn't count the veils, Shadow of Doubt, or Narset's Reversal as counters for control. Shadow of doubt is a nice anti-tutor, but the others are strictly protection for combo turn. You really need more straight counter spells like, you know, Counterspell. If you need them to be cheap, consider more tax options like Mana Leak. Delay is also reasonably priced.

Also, if you're going to run Oracle + Tainted Pact / Demonic Consultation without one of your combo cards, you definitely need more tutors to guarantee you get what you need. Tutors are obviously expensive, but things like Diabolic Intent that have extra costs associated can get you there.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 07:15:14 am by Slyvester12 »
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 03:14:30 pm »
These combos don't really fit together logically under Tasi. It's like you took a fairly standard Tasi wincon and shoved in Oracle Hulk just because
Nils is the God I worship

Twicebakedato

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 07:01:03 pm »
Flash Hulk does feel jammed in, and was a last minute include. My reasoning is that I wanted flash in the deck to make Oracle instant speed on its own, or instant speed at the end of iso/rev. I then figured since I have flash, I am just Hulk away from having that line available. Do you think its worth cutting flash hulk and loosing the instant speed Oracle line, but gaining 2 slots for something else?

For the combo package in general, would you just isolate one of the 3 lines and go all in with it? like just iso/rev, or just Oracle? Flash hulk is its own beast, but is just so efficient.

I've considered Diabolic Intent but don't know if my creature count is high enough as is. what number should I strive for to make DI usable. like 12 creatures? 15?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 07:04:01 pm »
You have to decide if you want a control deck or a combo deck. Rn you're trying to jam together Oracle Hulk and Tasi Control and it's just a worse version of both

Twicebakedato

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 07:14:42 pm »
Id prefer this deck to lean more control than fast hulk combo (also worried of a flash ban). For a more pure control build, assume flash hulk is out. Also assume Oracle Consultation is out? just leave Iso/Rev or is there some other win-con that really fits in this shell better?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 08:21:09 pm »
Consultation has a lot of negative synergy with Tasi

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 07:28:12 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/86132/1184089-cedh-tier-list-competitive-tie/en

If you look at Soren's page, this list has decks for a lot of the good cedh commanders.

On that list is a Tasigur control deck that was cut down to several budgets in this reddit thread.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveEDH/comments/6ep65s/budget_deck_series_tasigur_control/

It'd a bit out of date, but you're probably best off starting there and asking specific questions after you've combed through all of that.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Twicebakedato

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 08:03:26 am »
Ty for the link, the budgetless build is cripsy! I see they have the budgetless list with isochron and oracale (like my build), but go to seasons past as soon as it drops to even 1500. is that really better or is it 2 year old tech?

Twicebakedato

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 08:14:22 am »
i think everyones kinda moved towards scepter oracle or some form of flash hulk

Twicebakedato

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 08:27:21 am »
here is updated list. i suppose i could add seasons past as a back up if tasigur is gone gone but, idk. and palinchron phantasmal seems slow too. at least slower than consultation oracle or isorev. its a work in progress, i do appreciate the help here https://deckstats.net/decks/107024/1550964-tasigur-scepter-fishhulk-budge/en