deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Big Fat Hippo (My First Voltron Deck)  (Read 365 times)

dieuraskel

• Wait, there more colors than just Green and Black?
    • My Tappedout Account
  • Decks
Big Fat Hippo (My First Voltron Deck)
« on: February 17, 2020, 08:57:39 am »
Big Fat Hippo

This is my first attempt at a Voltron deck and wanted to get some constructive criticism about it.

It is an Aura-based Voltron deck, with the auras split into the categories of Ramp/Land Auras, Protection, Vigilance, Getting In for damage, and big buffs. Other cards include Card Draw, Interaction (in the form of Counterspells, Spot Removal, and Boardwipes that don't hurt the Hippo), and generic Ramp. And of course certain cards can fill multiple categories. Tuvasa serves as a secondary commander in cases where Phelddagrif can't be used or has too high of a commander tax.

Simple Ground Rules:
  • Hippo stays as the Commander. Yes, I know better ones exist but I want to use the Hippo.
  • I'd prefer to avoid adding $10+ cards unless they make a Huge Change for the deck. I am a broke college student.
I mean, I could make normal decks, OR I could keep trying to make Grim Guardian a thing.

https://deckstats.net/decks/78559/918971-grim-enchants