deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

Are the Slow Fetches worth running?

Yes
9 (47.4%)
No
9 (47.4%)
What the hell are slow fetches?
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Are the Slow Fetches worth running?  (Read 1157 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Are the Slow Fetches worth running?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 02:28:20 pm »
The speed is the biggest reason I've been hoping to draw Bad River. To see how much it slows the deck down. I don't think I'm going to bother waiting to draw it to see. Like I said, the more I've studied the mana base since the last updates the more black heavy the deck is and that spot would be better served by a basic swamp.
This space for rent.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 03:29:10 pm »

I've taken a look at your Sidisi deck.  You're already running City of Brass, Mana Confluence, and Prismatic Vista.  (Not to mention the original duals.)  All very fast.  I'm not sure why you want to mess with something called a "slow fetch".  If you're ok with a tap land for color fixing, I would suggest one that can get you ALL 3 of your colors - Opulent Palace.

Your ramp package is very small.  I only counted 4 pieces of ramp (Sol Ring, Golgari Signet, Arcane Signet, and Phyrexian Altar).    I would suggest a few more.  Since this is Sidisi, I would suggest some creature based ramp - like Birds of Paradise, Elves of Deep Shadow, Llanowar Elves, Blood Pet, etc.

Where you having any specific mana problems that prompted the original question about Bad River?
[/size]

Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 03:36:24 pm »
I really haven't had any mana problems even with the limited ramp. I've had some of the creature based ramp before but removed it for more zombies. The deck runs pretty fast as it is. I think it's just a case of wanting to fix something that isn't broken out of an attempt to make the deck "perfect".

ETA- I've decided I probably should add some more ramp, two pieces of creature based ramp and Farseek but I went into the problem I'm having with doing that atm in another thread. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:57:44 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.